Campus Role Type
Undergraduate Start Date
- Summer Hours
37.5 Workplace Model
Hybrid Department Overview
Our Associate Programs offer new graduates experience within one TD's many lines of business, and the chance to work alongside experienced colleagues, work on challenging projects and assignments, and receive coaching and mentorship from business leaders and the Early Talent Experience team, to set you up for success in your career at TD.
Associate Role Profile:
• 1-year in-depth experience, complemented by programming, coaching, tools and support
In addition, as an Associate you have access to programming, tools and a community of support for your pursuits and interests beyond the 9-5. This includes leadership talks, lunch and learns, self-development workshops, TD sponsored conferences, socials, team challenges, volunteer opportunities, career coaching and more. You will be part of a cohort along with other TD Associates from across Canada! If one of our over 20+ Associate programs is of interest to you, please read on and apply today. Job Details
The Data & Analytics Associate Program is a 1-year enhanced development opportunity in analytics and data. The Business Insights & Analytics Associate will perform a variety of activities, which may include:
• Perform data queries and prepare data sets for analysis/modelling, including cleaning data and feature engineering
• Analyze large data sets and identify trends and insights to inform business decisions; communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
• Collaborate with team members and business partners to develop, test and deploy analytics solutions, for example: forecasting, optimization, or pricing models
• Proactively identify business problems and opportunities where a data-driven solution would be appropriate and develop proposals / approaches
• Collaborate with business partners to support the business case development process for analytics solutions Job Requirements
• Strong statistical and analytical skills and interest are necessary.
• Experience with analyzing large data sets, drawing insights and inferences, and communicating outputs.
• Experienced in one or more of:
• Big Data - Predictive Analytics, Optimization, Regression, Logit Modeling, Discreet Choice, Simulation, Propensity Modeling.
• Machine Learning - Data/Text Mining, Programming, Algorithm Development, Automation Data Visualization, Natural Language Processing.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience with at least one of: R, Python, SQL, Java, R or C/C++
• Technical knowledge or experience with Azure, AWS, Databricks, Hadoop, Spark and Cloud.
• Experience with Data Management and Project Management is a plus.
• Must have strong leadership qualities including demonstrating initiative, establishing priorities and using strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to add value to each initiative, project or team assigned to.
• Able to participate as part of a team with targeted deliverables, working on initiatives designed to improve decisions, processes, systems, and applications which support our key businesses.
• Remain current with emerging trends and technologies in this field. EXPERIENCE
• Must be graduated between May 2022 and May 2024 with an Undergraduate degree in Mathematic, Statistics, and/or Data Analytics or related. Additional Information Early Talent Requirements
• Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less)
and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
• We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
• TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements Company Overview Our Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture. Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars - physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes ... because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best. Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs. How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care. Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing - and so will you. Inclusiveness Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve. How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities. Accommodation
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Education and Training