120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
As an integral part of the Basel Consolidated Layer (BCL) team, you will gather, document and articulate Basel Regulatory Capital Reporting requirement across Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational Risk area. Your primary focus will be to manage stakeholder expectation on solutions for regulatory capital reporting on both monthly/quarterly production process, as well as regulatory projects (such as Basel III Regulatory Reforms Implementation).Job description
- Ensure comprehensive and detailed business requirements for the implementation of Basel Regulatory Capital Reporting with respect to end-to-end data flow and business rules that aligns with OSFI regulatory requirement.
- Lead and communicate with data mart owners, Risk and modelling team, Basel business team, as well as various of lines of business to gather and document requirement. The scope covers BCAR capital reporting, Pillar III supp pack, IFRS9 allowance reporting, NCR reporting and SOLO Capital reporting.
- Respond to BMO T&O intake team as well as Basel production business team of new project implementation and ongoing OSFI housekeeping requirement
- Support business stakeholders and drive automated solutions to streamline manual business processes. Partner with technical specialists to provide deep dive data analysis and rationalization
- During monthly and quarterly BAU (Business As Usual), provide production support to business stakeholders with recommendations of best practice for adjustments. Partner with Basel Support Team to provide ad-hoc analysis for underlying report data
Nice to have
- University level degree that meets the technical requirements
- 5+ years of experience in financial institutions with focuses on data analytics and risk management
- Experience with Basel Capital Reporting requirement and framework
- Strong analytical and advanced data management skills with SQL and Excel
- Fluent usage of presentation tools such as Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and articulation skills. Ability to communicate with both business and technology effectively
- Well proven ability to consistently deliver complex results against very tight deadlines
We're here to help
- University degree in analytical and quantitative area (math, statistics), combined with MBA
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Knowledge of Basel III Reform (B3R) and Basel IV framework
- Knowledge of BMO business and products and structures in BMO for designated portfolios
- Knowledge of BMO system and infrastructure, as well as various data marts
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.