55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting MANDATE
The Customer Information & Data Governance team strategically manages and administer customer data domain across the enterprise, while ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity, availability, accuracy, completeness, consistency and privacy. The team is responsible for standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, monitoring/auditing the data quality, and executing cleansing and policy agreements. The Customer Information team focuses on business benefits, fosters the goal of data re-use, upholds governance and regulatory agreements, and articulates the strategic significance of information to the organization.
The Business Consultant acts as the bank's steward of customer data and information across the Enterprise including the overseeing of governance processes that ensure data integrity and synergies with other information repositories including product and channel systems, frontline incentive portals, and financial management reporting.
The Business Consultant will be engaged as Subject Matter Expert of Enterprise Customer Information File ECIF and Customer Information and Access Management programs that is the key foundation for the delivery BMO Brand Promise and the Digital Strategy Program(s).
The Business Consultant will work closely with T&O partners and the Lines of Business in the delivery and maintenance of the Enterprise CIF and Data Governance Program(s) across BMO lines of business. ____________________________________________________________________________________ ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Business Consultant for CIF for customer information across the BMO LoB's - establishes an operational enterprise customer information file (ECIF) across BMO Financial group that allows for an integrated enterprise customer experience across channels and LOBs including:
- Consistent Customer data collection across channels and (i.e. name, address, household, connections, channel preferences/permissions)
- Establishment of Party Model logic & governance
- Direct linkages of product systems to CIF platform as the front end platform to launch into product set up
- Daily Customer information delivered to analytical data marts for use by businesses for insights, analytics and reporting
The role is also accountable for facilitating data clean-up and customer matching: matching customers for lines of business across BMO in Canada and the US, cross boarder:
- Facilitate Business requirements for business matching rules for ECIF
- Data aggregation across businesses and channels
- Establish customer permissions and preferences across channels and LOB's
- Data definitions and cleansing of data rules
Business Consultant/ Data Stewart for specific customer/non customer data domain
- Facilitate the development of an integrated view of the data requirements for the Customer domain in partnership with Data Owners and Data Stakeholders:
- Define enterprise standards for data quality with Chief Data Governance Program office
- Determine key performance indicators and data quality metrics
- Review data quality reports with Data Owners and Data Stakeholders to: Understand root cause of quality deficiencies
- Formulate appropriate remediation plans with Data Owners and Technology
Support the implementation activities for the various project workstreams and support functions including:
- Data Acceptance Testing
- UAT Strategy and Planning including documentation
- Data Analysis, Investigations and Data Remediation
- Issue and Problem resolution regarding ECIF related processes
- Customer Escalations (Merge, Splits, Privacy Incidents, etc.)
- ECIF Maintenance and Enhancements, and Deferred CRs
- ECIF Application Outage support (Production Support)
- ECIF Production Fixes
- Defect & Data Quality Issue Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements
- Within the context of the project, leads discussions with business stakeholders and technology partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Directs and coordinates requirements project staff and activities to ensure the appropriate level of coordination of work and resources
- Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- Participates in the development of strategic and tactical Data Governance and CIF plans to help inform future project work of the direction of the business
- Provides coaching, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts, as required, in order to foster professional development
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma and/or 7 to 10 years progressive business analysis experience, supporting medium- to large-size projects
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the Finance/Banking industry
- Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in business
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
- Demonstrates advanced writing and documentation skills
- Possesses advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Displays solid interviewing and facilitation skills
- Advanced understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Visio)
- Is able to communicate with varying stakeholders in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses solid influencing and negotiating skills
The working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safety.
Supports business and technology partners to help create a culture where data is managed as a valuable corporate asset. Develops, maintains, and monitors data governance processes and tools to improve and maintain the quality of BMO data and reduce overall data risk. Develops and implements integrated roadmap to guide the review, design, implementation, and ongoing operation of data governance practices and data management processes in alignment with Enterprise Data Governance Operating Directive in applicable areas of the organization. Facilitates input and influences business and technology stakeholders in the aspects of data governance, provides guidance to design and implementation teams on interpretation of enterprise data governance guidelines, and maintains alignment between data governance practices and the data strategy.
We're here to help
- Monitors and reports on data management requirements and compliance issues, impacts and resolution status.
- Acts as a trusted advisor on data governance and data management matters.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the assessment, root cause analysis, and formulating proposed solutions/remediation strategies for review and approval.
- Escalates data and compliance issues.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Leads the identification, analysis and resolution of issues, recommending appropriate solutions.
- Leads working groups to identify opportunities and formulate.
- Develops stakeholder communications and training in support of data management process implementation.
- Supports and governs a data governance implementation road map including strategic priorities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify business requirements and opportunities for improved data management.
- Conducts needs assessments, identifies gaps and provides suggestions to improve and streamline data governance & management processes based on operational insights.
- Maintains Data Quality governance, guidelines, and standards. Validates and monitors compliance and effectiveness of data management processes.
- Implements, maintains and reviews processes to ensure quality and integrity of data and ensure compliance with Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging about data governance; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Supports the resolution of data issues by coordinating stakeholders in the information chain.
- Leads working groups to identify opportunities and formulate recommendations for improving enterprise data governance capabilities and processes, and work with applicable parties to plan, design and implement approved recommendations.
- Performs quality assurance activities to ensure handling, storage, and collection of data complies with Bank Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Defines, implements, and documents data quality measures and provides guidance on how data governance may translate to business processes.
- Mentors employees to foster professional development.
- Supports the management of BMO's data as a key asset that facilitates effective decision making.
- Contributes to the development of data strategies and data governance policies, procedures and processes.
- Performs database and application tuning and capacity planning in order to verify that the business requirements are met within the SLA (Service Level Agreement) and standards.
- Develops data solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of data solutions.
- Identifies and implements the optimum means to collect, process, analyze and report on information and ensure ongoing accuracy, integrity and security.
- Participates in the timely resolution of operating/technical problems or manages escalation with other BMO technical groups.
- Assists in the identification of change impacts through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Provides support to projects and/or manages operational changes including supporting Technology with the validation and testing of enterprise managed systems.
- Provides support on data management process implementation and sustainment activities to ensure stakeholder awareness and adoption of data governance in work including but not limited to development of business tools, end use procedure documentation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge in working with SQL, Python, Java and C/C++.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.