55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
- very strong verbal communication skills on top of superb written skills
- focused on the gathering of functional business requirements that will support the technical development
- high documentation focus ie. keeping notes for all the sessions, leading conversations, go into depth for analyzing current states and demonstrating future state with flow charts, graphs, and other visuals
Serves as an advisor and partner on behalf of Procurement Center of Excellence, Solution Design and Strategy team when engaging with the line of business/group to define and document technology requirements. Provides subject matter expertise for all IT systems related initiatives. Manages initiatives, supports and delivers on operational goals.
- As a Business Analyst, elicits and documents business requirement and functional requirements which will support technical development.
- Takes clear notes and summaries of discussions and is able to relay back information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recommends design elements for projects and programs based on analysis of issues and implications for the business with a long term sustainable view in mind.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder technology needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of technology solutions.
- Supports team in business, technical and/or training documentation as required for production support and maintenance/release activities.
- Provides expertise to establish key business initiatives/priorities to support & sustain the strategic direction.
- Supports the IT transformation agenda and ensures business & technology needs align.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Tracks metrics and milestones, makes recommendations for resolution and escalates as appropriate when issues arise.
- Supports team in tracking major deployment dates and calendar of activities.
- May network with industry contacts to gather and identify competitive insights and best practices.
- Executes work to with a high level of accuracy to deliver timely, and efficient service while managing multiple initiatives
- Focus is primarily on business/groups within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given parameters.
- Uses various visualization tools including Visio & PowerPoint to support business and technical requirements.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unprecedented situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant BA and documentation experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Documentation and process & workflow design skills - in depth.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- strong documentation skills are required
- strong process & workflow design skills are required
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.