Requisition ID: 156115
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the GBME - Compliance Engineering globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Work collaboratively with GBM Compliance Control Room leadership, subject mater experts, technology stakeholders, development management, users, and vendor to deliver technology solutions for various business line of the bank
- Drive communication between business partners and technical teams, acting as the bridge between business needs and priorities and translating into details specifications for developers
- Perform business analysis includes understanding of business objectives, planning, eliciting, scoping, analyzing, documenting, prioritization, managing changes, maintaining traceability, managing backlogs, stakeholder analysis and effort estimation
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following the Bank's standards
- Provide production support and ad-hoc inquiries from business stakeholders on the technology solutions for firm conflicts management program, employee trading monitoring program, and trade surveillance on insider dealings
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Take the lead on solving complex technical issues and implement complex long-term solutions
What's in it for you?
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in systems implementation, process improvements or systems re-engineering projects with a banking organization or consulting company with background in Compliance or Trade Surveillance
- Strong ability to establish relationships with GBM Compliance leads, business partners, as well as senior management
- 5+ years of IT BA Experience including experience writing requirements for batch and streaming data feeds
- 5+ years hands on experience supporting production applications
- Experience with SQL, Oracle database, complex data, data mapping, user workflows and reporting
- Excellent team building skills, working with diverse groups to resolve issues and identify efficiencies
- Working Knowledge of Capital Markets Products, Compliance Control Room, Conflicts of Interest, Information Barriers, Employee Trading Programs, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Framework is an asset
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking BA (both written and verbal) is an asset
- A recognize undergraduate degree or diploma in computer science or related work experience
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Computer Science, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Technology, Finance, Bilingual
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance