Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Enterprise Protect TRMIS organization vision is to protect, inform, guide and challenge the entire TD community with leadership, expertise, measurable data and risk management oversight.
The Technology Enterprise Remediation Oversight (ERO) team is a group of technology governance and risk management professionals focused on providing independent oversight, governance, challenge to ensure quality and timely finding remediation of technology issues/ findings across Technology and report on the results. This team is part of the Enterprise Protect TRMIS (Technology Risk Management and Information Security) organization. Job Description Job Description:
Requirements Job Requirements
- Advanced data administration and management of technology finding remediation data management and oversight (i.e. ITACC Management, GRC Issue Management, ED&A frameworks), to help drive actionable insights and aggregate risk of technology issues to Executive / at governing committees
- Provide technical leadership across a broad range of data analysis functions including data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions.
- Elicit, analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop / evolve complete business solutions, including data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data lifecycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Design / Implement / Enhance reporting platforms, including modeling, ETL, BI framework and be able to deliver complete BI solution that meets business requirements
- Collaborate and build effective working relationships with colleagues across technology to achieve technology issue remediation management and information management objectives
- Work closely with other technology work teams such as, ITS, Architecture, TRMIS, IT Audit, etc. to understand the business meaning of data, and provide analysis and requirements to ensure the data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with the intended design and standards
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards and ensure data quality and data requirements are embedded in and adhered to within the system development deliverables
- Develop and maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to elicit information/data requirement and articulate those requirements in a manner that can be easily understood by team members
- Perform data profiling using TD tooling and adhoc system query languages to validate data analysis
- Implement, maintain and enhance Data Governance, Data Quality and related policies, in alignment with TD's Enterprise standards and frameworks in collaboration with the Data Managers/Stewards/Owners
- Ensure compliance with privacy and security of data, data governance and access controls
- Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Prepare data and summarizes information to facilitate business intelligence and knowledge management, that will be used to drive business decisions; involves extracting, transforming and loading processes/data using multiple reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Excel, Archer, etc.)
- Conduct analysis to provide enhanced BI to inform management leadership team
- Create complex and comprehensive BI reporting packages and dashboards utilizing data infrastructure, localized datamart's and external data sources
- Validate the quality and integrity of the data included in the Reporting Packages and Dashboards
- Develop meaningful and insightful commentary/insights on new and existing reporting packages
- Identify business drivers, definitions and metrics to interpret findings, action and provide significant direction
- Create and/or deliver presentations communications to management or broader audience / at various levels (including Executive)
- Assess / identify key issues and escalate to appropriate levels and relevant stakeholders where required
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure an in alignment with risk appetite
Additional Information Specific Educational Requirements / Accreditations /Skills / Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of the technical environment/ tools) for own area
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Familiarity with the integration of data from multiple data sources (Access, SQL, Excel, etc.)
- Expert in MS Office (Excel & Access fully leveraging Pivot Tables, Charts and advanced functions)
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized BI & Reporting function and may provide work direction to others
- Support others within the Technology Regulatory, Audit and Risk Oversight team in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to TS Governance Policies and Standards
- Identifying improvement opportunities BI/Reporting of operational performance / aggregate risk of issues at the operational and organizational level
- Knowledge of IT policies, standards, and technology risk disciplines and practices
- Ability to influence quality management and reporting tooling requirements
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, exercising excellence in client engagement with professionalism and ability to interact with all levels across the organization
- Works well under pressure with minimal supervision and in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Works independently as a senior lead and may manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions for the ERO operations.
- Provides thought leadership and/or industry knowledge for own area of expertise
- Participate in / lead knowledge transfer within the team and other technology areas
- Elicit, analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, including data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data lifecycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on new data platforms and on-going on any new development projects / initiatives aligned to business or organizational strategies
- Design and implement reporting platforms, including modeling, ETL, BI framework and be able to deliver complete BI solution that meets business requirements
- Design and implement complex ETL frameworks to provide a solution that meets business requirements
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant technical certificate(s) / field / equivalent experience
- IT governance and audit experience in lifecycle methodology, operations and frameworks (e.g. COBIT 5)
- Quality Assurance / Process Improvement experience would be an asset
- Other Qualifications/Skills/Experience:
- 5-7 years' experience as IT Data Manager/Analyst in the financial services industry
- Able to manage and influence effectively within a highly matrixed environment
- TD Organizational awareness & the ability to balance the viewpoints of various TS segments would be an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.