4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Supports the service delivery, development, and execution of physical security programs, policies, and practices to minimize the potential impact of criminal risk and ensure a satisfactory level of security, fire, and life safety protection in locations / buildings across the enterprise.
We're here to help
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Participates in defining change management plans of varying scope and type; may include a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Ensure that building emergency measures, operating procedures and contingency plans are in place and up to date.
- Supports the development and promotion of a building program.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Leads contingent talent recruiting, resource planning, onboarding and off boarding activities.
- Schedules, manages workflow/workload and coaches team members.
- Promotes continuous improvement/cost effectiveness of business processes and procedures.
- Evaluates circumstances requiring exceptions and engages senior management for resolution where required.
- Resolves or escalates complex and or sensitive security concerns/issues raised by employees/team members and business partners/customers.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- May represent BMO at various industry forums.
- Collaborates in the delivery of day to day operational processes, program management activities and administrative tasks to support the people and property protection programs to achieve business results and deliver the intended employee experience.
- Executes procedures, processes and tasks (e.g. monitoring access to premises, service requests and transactions, administer and validate system access reports/lists, etc.) within relevant service level agreements; identifies gaps/issues and escalates as required.
- Provides a consistent and exceptional stakeholder experience, maximizes employee productivity, enforces internal / external control standards and minimizes risk.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives. External stakeholders may include law enforcement, building landlords, physical security vendors/security guards, contacts at other financial institutions, etc.
- Communicates and reinforces principles, programs, process, and standards and communicates openly and regularly about business issues.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation, and management of core processes.
- Improves operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Develops knowledge related to operations specialty. Fully understands and practices operating procedures/emergency procedures and supports communication and implementation of them.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Ensures all security equipment and systems are operating in accordance with operating procedures and escalates all problems/issues to management.
- Responds and provide support for urgent/emergency situations after normal business hours.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the business/group processes/procedures- In-depth.
- Experience in managing Building Security.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety workplace requirements.
- Knowledge of the operation / maintenance of building security equipment.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Working.
- Time management skills - Very good.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support