1820 Dundas Street East
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Understands customer needs and provides credit and lending-related sales and service to BMO customers or prospects. Advises customers on lending/credit card strategies and products that meet their objectives. Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as needed.
We're here to help
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Creates innovative business development strategies, including collaborating with other BMO partners to grow the business.
- Adjudicates loan applications within discretionary lending limits in real time.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, providing responsive service and support.
- Develops and maintains long-term, profitable relationships and expands our share of wallet with portfolios.
- Contacts the customer to obtain the necessary information to manage their application and ensure the customer is aware at all times of the status/result of the credit application.
- Stays abreast of consumer needs, industry trends and best practices, and the regulatory environment as it relates to the products and services provided.
- Handles incoming calls in an informed, professional, and efficient manner.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Contributes to the development and execution of business plans.
- Identifies skilled knowledge gaps and performance improvement opportunities for the team.
- Continually assesses and improves the level of performance through coaching.
- Implements, reviews, and revises work plans.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with internal stakeholders and colleagues to leverage sales, fulfillment, and referral opportunities to improve share of wallet, acquire new customers, and provide full financial services to customers.
- Completes report audits and spot checks as required.
- Develops and executes short term tactics/plans to drive specific behaviours, activities, and results.
- Provides training and coaching to junior associates as needed.
- Probes to understand customer needs and provides advice related to personal banking and credit card strategies in the best interests of the customer.
- Manages all transactional outcomes of customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Escalates complex or unresolved customer situations to managers as required.
- Performs any required activities to ensure customer's requests are accurately processed.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations in a professional manner.
- Integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations when appropriate.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of personal banking products - In-depth.
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings - In-depth.
- Knowledge of contact centre operational processes and policies - In-depth.
- Knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics - In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing