All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview Company Overview
All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD? TD's Colleague Promise : A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program,
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
The Strategic Management team resides within the Business Management (BMG) and provides integrated support to enhance the effectiveness of the Wealth Shared Services (WSS) team and leads productivity and strategic initiatives to advance Wealth priorities and to drive operational excellence.
If you enjoy collaborating and identifying ways to improve business processes, then our Co-op/Intern position is right for you. In the next 4 months, you will partner with variety of business partners to expand TD Wealth Business Entitlement mandate, make sure operations are effective while maintaining a high standard in the process.
Through different engagement, your will gain insights into how different teams within TD Wealth serve our clients. You will have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the bottom line while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment. What to expect?
- Identify business opportunities and process gaps through data analysis
- Design KPI scorecard and build database
- Project Management
- Liaison between key enterprise business functions to communicate business needs and help drive the direction of a project throughout its life cycle
- Process improvement
- Develop business proposal to highlight business savings opportunities by accessing risks, costs, and benefits of proposed decisions
The candidate will get to use a variety of skill sets within this role:
- End-to-end project management
- Business case
- Relationship Building
- Impacting & Influencing
- Analytical Skills
- Strategic Thinking
We are hiring for the position of Intern / Co-Op III
to provide a range of operational and analytical support and perform transactions and other processing activities. This role will not only provide you introductory experience in a professional setting, you will also be equipped with skills and experiences that contribute to the completion of your studies and prepare you to build a career in your chosen discipline. In this role, you will:
Requirements We are looking for motivated individuals with the vision and initiative to develop solutions that drive change.
- Support successful execution of relevant reporting, operational requests, and transactional requests for the business unit and/or client
- Conduct less complex analytics and research, and obtain/share internal and external relevant business/market data
- Assist with building and reviewing internal models, tools, processes, policies, presentations, and other related materials; challenge team and improve the underlying processes of functional area
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet service level agreement requirements for service and productivity
- Consistently exercise discretion in managing information and all matters of confidentiality; raise issues where appropriate
- Access systems, understand and apply system capabilities, ensure information is completed timely and accurately
- Work autonomously and perform multiple and/or diverse tasks that are complex, involving multiple steps, systems, and jurisdictions
- Apply expert knowledge across a broad range or variety of products, processes or systems within own area of specialty to process transactions and activities that could be characterized by moderate to high risk
- Gather and analyze data to identify and solve complex problems, raise as required
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Support the team by continuously improving knowledge / expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the desire to help us continually improve the firm through innovative thinking
- Strong passion for financial services and an interest in exploring different areas of the firm
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills as well as strong team players who are proactive flexible and want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Current enrollment in a relevant post-secondary program
- Over 1 year of related experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and internet applications
- Strong communications skills with positive personality and willingness to accept challenges
- A strong analytical mind with attention to detail and desire to learn and grow
Additional Information Early Talent Requirements
- Enrolled in a University or College program within Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to take independent action to achieve results
- Developing effective presentations for delivering results
- Excellent communication skills , with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Tech savvy with a strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Data Software
- A self-starter and quick learner
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships across functional lines
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.