100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer SolutionsJob Description:
We are seeking a highly motivated High Income Portfolio Manager to work within our Active Fixed Income team responsible for managing over $25 billion in fixed income assets. The individual will be supporting High Income mandates working along with members of both fixed income and global equities. The portfolio manager's responsibilities will include, but not limited to, trading and execution, regular economic commentaries, corporate actions, rebalances, idea generation and interacting with market participants. In addition to portfolio management responsibilities, the successful candidate will contribute to the overall business development of High Income mandates for BMO GAM.
This role is ideal for experienced individuals looking to help build and grow new mandates, who can work prioritize, multi-task and thrive in a dynamic team-oriented environment. We are looking for a hands-on attitude; willing to get involved and roll up sleeves with various technologies and initiatives.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY High Income Portfolio ManagerAccountabilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of High Income portfolios
- Co-ordinating with global sector specialists to help construct a well rounded equity/bond portfolio to meet the High Income objectives
- Provide macroeconomic analysis, analytical and quantitative support to products and sales
- Provide strong risk oversight over the funds
- Provide idea generation to other fixed income mandates
- Generate and maintain daily fixed income reports, ensuring timeliness, accuracy of data.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc exposure and performance reports for management
- Meet with current and potential clients to help AUM growth in the mandates
- At least 5 years of actual portfolio management experience in High Income strategies.
- CFA Charter holder
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel macros
- Programming experience a plus. Python preferred
- Understanding of fixed income valuation, performance, risk and attribution
- Experience with investment software and databases - Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc.
- Strong understanding of macroeconomic principles and how they drive financial markets
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Motivation to improve data workflow and process efficiencies
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious, and cooperative team player with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
We're here to help
- Ability to work in a high stress environment, fast-paced and changing environment.
- Numerous demands for resources that need to be prioritized within tight deadlines.
- Travel is required.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support