100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer SolutionsJob Description:
Manages, evaluates and monitors market investments (e.g., stocks, bonds, alternatives, private markets, and/or cash) on behalf of clients, who may be individual investors, institutional investors, or the overall organization, in accordance with the investment objectives and parameters defined by these clients with a specific focus on the REIT sector. Optimizes investment performance consistent with clients' investment objectives and risk profiles. May include (1) buying and selling individual securities and/or physical assets; and/or (2) allocating assets to third-party managers depending upon the investment approach. Provides input into strategic decision making. Maintains client contact for assigned relationships and presents results. Supports new product and business development.
- Manages relationship with clients.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May consult to or serve on various committees.
- Establishes investment strategies, styles and products that will help meet growth and profitability objectives.
- Manages mostly tactical with some strategic relationships with peers in department and functional
- Manages multiple processes or programs and provides input on the department's budget.
- Evaluates alternate third-party data sources, models, or software.
- Examines advanced statistical techniques or modeling technology.
- Manages, evaluates and monitors performance of the designated portfolio in alignment with investment objectives and client parameters based on the designated portfolio management discipline (e.g., equity, fixed income, quantitative, etc.).
- Develops investment strategies to meet objectives and constructs and maintains portfolio within client investment guidelines, achieving appropriate diversification.
- Assists in the construction of models in order to ensure the necessary investment characteristics are within client needs and investment mandates.
- Executes various portfolio management requirements including, but not limited to: trading and execution, regular economic commentaries, corporate actions, rebalancing, asset allocation, risk management, idea generation and product engineering, and interacting with market participants.
- Contributes to business development in client and industry facing activities and events.
- Monitors domestic & international economic and political trends for potential impact on the fundamentals and performance of the capital markets and strategies and has deep expertise in the Consumer Discretionary sector.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Conducts research to support portfolio management activities.
- Maintains the highest fiduciary duty when representing and acting in our clients' interests.
- Continuously identifies, monitors and manages potential risks within our business and processes.
- Discusses process, portfolio construction risk management and issuer selection with existing and potential clients as circumstances require.
- Provides written and oral reports to clients on performance of account, the market, and performance of individual securities/portfolios.
- Assists with new business opportunities; delivers presentations and effectively acquires or develops new business with potential clients or external parties.
- Ensures controls are in place and are being followed.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders. Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends especially in the Consumer Discretionary sector.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically 7- 10 years of direct or relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Established track record of providing strong investment performance and effective risk management.
- Completion of relevant investments certification.
- Advanced understanding of functional area and a competent understanding of the overall firm and competitive environment.
- Broad knowledge of more than one discipline.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support