Blockchain Application Developer / Architect
Reference ID: TOR0039Y
We currently have career opportunities for Blockchain Developer / Architect in our Toronto IT Advisory Services team. The individuals will work directly with clients to transform their business challenges into technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the development and implementation of technology solutions. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, and vendor selection decisions that support the line of business IT organizations of our clients.
This position falls within our IT Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of Operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Blockchain Developer/Architect, you'll participate in project teams through all phases of the technology enablement life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements.
Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities. Team with client technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions. Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management. Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-80%.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and creative thinking skills, must be a team player and comfortable with scrum / Agile methodologies
To qualify for the role you must have
• 3-5 years of professional experience in development of enterprise applications and / or decentralized peer-to-peer applications
• Knowledge of Blockchain technology and concepts
• Ethereum specific knowledge will be an added advantage: Go, Solidity (Ethereum), and experience with Mist wallet, Mix IDE, and open-source Ethereum clients
• Cryptographic techniques such as hash, symmetric-key encryption, public-key encryption etc.
• RDBMS concepts, SQL, NoSQL databases
• GitHub and IDE environments (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA and others)
• Strong knowledge of Unix, Linux environments
• Cloud infrastructure management on MS Azure, Amazon AWS, IBM BlueMix etc.
• General system and network administration skills
Ideally, you'll also have
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 17, 2019
Closes: May 16, 2019