100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting About the Role
You will be responsible for the accurate, complete, and timely generation of daily and monthly reconciliations and invoices to support the Brokerage Billing process across Capital Markets trading desks. The role requires specialized business and investigation skills in order to provide transparency, obtain concurrence, and provide quality analytics for the Capital Markets Billing operations to settle receivables and payables, while acting as the key escalation point for the Billing and Invoicing process. The role requires the application of in-depth product knowledge, trade flow reconciliation, and profit attribution knowledge to ensure consistency and effectiveness of drilling down of the P&L drivers to support Capital Markets and Corporate Treasury trading businesses.
You are accountable for developing and executing against department goals and personal objectives while partnering with internal business partners (e.g. Global Middle Office, Market Risk, Finance, Technology, Operations, Pricing, Accounting) to meet service delivery expectations at the operational level.
You will provide professional / technical advice as the subject matter expert to internal business partners and Product Operations colleagues We will rely on you to manage the quality and continuous improvement of existing standards, processes, and policies. Job Description
- Provides support and delivers operational processes to ensure timely and accurate processing of securities and trade transactions are booked correctly in systems for clean downstream processes.
- Provides guidance and execution in the support and booking of new strategies, and daily capture of transactional information to support downstream analytics and financial accounting processes.
- Supports the maintenance of appropriate governance and controls over the trade capture process.
- Supports the Billing process for assigned lines of business
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates with internal business partners and external customers to respond to standard and non-standard inquiries.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendation.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Resolves standard and relatively straightforward issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager.
- Provides input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures and participates in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/services or processes as required.
- Follows documented policies and procedures to execute day to day transactions, activities, processes and ensure all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and problems and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Deals with clients directly to resolve trade issues and/or escalates as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Understands the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations and ensures appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically, between 0- 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology - In-depth.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, processes and controls - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business - In-depth.
- Prioritization skills - Good.
- Customer service skills - In-depth.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - In-depth.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English required
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance