What is the opportunity?
You will support the strategy of Corporate Underwriting and RBC Insurance through the delivery of innovative underwriting solutions including: digitization, analysis, creation and maintenance of underwriting rules and guidelines across Canadian Life & Health business. In addition, this role is responsible to support effective implementation of Corporate Underwriting strategic changes including project prioritization and execution.What will you do?
• Drive and support strategies that deliver improvements in innovation, digitization, underwriting philosophy, guidelines and procedures
• Set corporate underwriting policy through the design of unique underwriting strategies to deliver a superior client experience and drive profitable growth. This requires ongoing management of underwriting rules and guidelines in order to recommend changes that align with the corporate underwriting strategy and market conditions
• Proactively look inside and outside the industry for trends, developments, and regulatory changes
• Provide analysis and underwriting opinions on contestable claims rescissions.
• Represent corporate underwriting as the underwriting expert on litigated cases, including testifying as an underwriting expert
• Build a strong technical knowledge as it relates to risk assessment to develop people through coaching and training opportunitiesWhat will you need to succeed?
• Senior Disability Insurance underwriter with 5 to 10 years individual market experience
• A passion to ignite change within the business, challenging the status quo to find new innovative ways to assess risk
• Strong technical background in risk management with interest in developing underwriting rule sets
• Excellent facilitation, written communication and presentation skills
• A strong grasp of Disability Insurance products, leveraging superior communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills to take action for the short and long term
• Must be fluently bilingual in both French and English, written and spoken
Nice to have:
• Life and Critical Illness underwriting knowledge would be an asset
• Working knowledge of project management framework
• Working knowledge of key business concepts and levers, such as Marketing, Product Development and Risk ManagementWhat's in it for you?
• A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
• Competitive pay and high-earning potential
• All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
• Flexible work/life balance options
• Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivityAbout RBC
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:
6880 Financial Drive, 8th Floor, Tower 1 Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salaried Required Travel (%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
10/25/2020 Req ID:
Banking, Finance and Insurance