Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture. Job details:
- Work location:3389 Steeles Avenue East North York, Ontario, M2H 0A1
- Business hours:Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Full-time permanent position
The Bilingual Mortgage Recovery Specialist is responsible for maintaining an overall minimal delinquency ratio on the Tangerine portfolio (HELOCs and Mortgages) based on yearly objectives. This includes analysis of client's irregular activities and ensuring precautionary actions are taken to mitigate losses and ensuring company regulations, credit policies and procedures are adhered to. Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable (SME) on unsecured/secured products
- Responsible for maintaining overall mortgage delinquency ratios based on yearly targets.
- Responsible for resolving assigned daily returned payments. This includes making calls to clients by the end of the current business day to determine reason for arrears and elicit promise to pay. Documents telephone conversations in appropriate systems.
- Monitor mortgage delinquency for early stage collections and contacts clients on a regular basis to arrange payments
- Utilize strong negotiation and analytical skills to minimize loss and maximize recovery of past due accounts.
- Respond, investigate and act on internal and external email requests, concerning delinquent accounts in a timely manner.
- Assist call centre with escalated problem resolution on delinquent accounts
- Value customer complaints and respond in a professional and timely manner.
- Assess client's financial position by conducting credit checks, verifying assets and employment information and make sound recommendations on next course of action.
- Issue first and final delinquency notices daily
- Adhere to and maintain current and sound knowledge of all collection, risk and underwriting policies and guidelines.
- Review and process all property insurance claims. Insure all repairs are done up to code and release funds to the client as necessary
- As required, assist in developing and updating policies with consultation from key stakeholders.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives with an aim to increase the efficiency of the Account Recovery Department and to maintain/reduce delinquencies.
- Knowledgeable in CMHC and Genworth Home Assistance programs, and utilize appropriate processes to assist client during financial difficulties
- Investigate and resolve tax arrears and condo arrears in a timely manner
- Assist with training/department overview to new hires in the Call Centre on unsecured products
- Lead testing and participate in projects
- Acts as a Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Committed to Self Development
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in Collections, call centre or banking industry
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a busy environment.
- Strong analytical skills required in identifying problems, validating and making recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of banking products
- Knowledge of Government compliance, Estates, Bankruptcy Act, Credit Bureau activities and Collection Agency contracts and policies would be an asset.
- Ability to make decisions and remain calm under stressful environments
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Effective time management
- The work environment is a hybrid rotation that requires in office tasks to be worked
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in collections, call centre or banking industry
- Completion of a post-secondary degree
- French fluency required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Call Center, Mortgage, Underwriter, Customer Service, Finance, Bilingual, Insurance
Customer Service and Support