Requisition ID: 166641
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Position: Bilingual Team Lead, Fraud Detection, Fraud Management OperationsPurpose
Leads and develops a team of Senior Fraud Detection Analysts in the Fraud Management Operations in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered. Responsible to provide coaching, direct leadership and guidance to the Senior Fraud Detection Analysts, as it relates to fraud mitigation; customer satisfaction; operational efficiency and efficacy; employee development; and support with processes, policy, and system functionality.
• Leads and drives a customer and performance focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge of fraud detection and prevention
• Provide a best in class customer experience when dealing with business partners, customers, or team members by resolving customer matters; authorizing exemptions in a manner that reflects Bank policies and guidelines; and understanding the customers' circumstances and matching appropriate solutions through sound knowledge of fraud prevention practices, policies and procedures.
• Superior leadership and coaching to motivate and develop individual Fraud Detection Analyst performance on the service team by:
a. Develop a high-performing team of confident Senior Detection Analysts that apply critical thinking to determine the risk of an alerted account/customer and decides the appropriate steps to mitigate risk and resolving the customer's needs
b. Engage in one-on-one coaching, group coaching or coaching as an ongoing observational activity by providing relevant feedback during observations, side by side coaching, and skill building to ensure continued improvement of knowledge, accuracy, efficiency and quality
c. Reviewing Senior Fraud Detection Analysts customer interactions including live calls, recorded calls, reviewing decisions made, and actions taken to identify coaching and development opportunities, recommend appropriate changes to policies, processes and procedures that will assist in improving performance and efficiency of the unit.
d. Conduct one-on-one coaching with Senior Fraud Detection Analysts to recognize success, help overcome obstacles and set focus thereby ensuring continued improvement of knowledge, efficiency and quality.
e. Effectively manage direct and indirect reports of any performance and conduct concerns and working with HR and ER as required.
• Oversees the management of all fraud detection queues, ensuring queues are effectively monitored, worked in a timely manner, and adjusts assignments to increase fraud loss avoidance and improve the customer experience.
• Recommends appropriate changes to policies, processes and procedures to assist with maximizing fraud loss avoidance, enhancing the customer experience, while improving productivity and efficiency of the Fraud Detection team;
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Recognizing and escalating fraudulent activities or any unusual occurrences evidenced through customer interaction and/or payment verification directly to the Manager or Director, Fraud Detection;
• Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business
strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
• Facilitate and share knowledge with the Learning & Development to ensure training programs for new hires
and tenured employees are enhancing the skills and knowledge of the team
• Serve as a backup to the Manager when he / she is absent and assume day-to-day operational activities
• Apply daily management routines such as daily team huddles, team meetings, daily work planning,
updating and monitoring department KPI reportingDimensions
• Number of employees / span of control: 7 - 12
• Canadian Banking lines supported: Retail, Small Business, Commercial and Wealth.
• Apply daily management routines such as daily team huddles, coaching, team meetings, daily work planning, updating and monitoring department KPI reporting
• Achieve/exceed daily/weekly KPIs for team
• Field complex fraud calls/files and act as point of escalation
• Authorize customer transactions up to $5000 to exempt from fraud rules
• Support the Bank's annual Fraud Plan ($81MM F'19), and business objectives for the department Countries / regions / business units supported: All of Canada
• Systems: CMS, CIS, MV, KS, AS400, TSYS, ScotiaGlobe, Image, Intralink, etc
• Average Number of Fraud Alerts each month is 80,000
• Average Number of Outbound Calls each month: 30,000 Education / Experience / Other Information
• Completion of post-secondary education, with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in management and fraud operations in the financial services industry or experience in detection analytics is an asset.
• Strong communication skills in English (French would be considered an asset)
• 1-3 years of Fraud knowledge / industry experience
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Customer service experience; demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer serviceand problem resolution
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated competencies to lead and motivate staff withan eagerness to contribute to the success of others through coaching and support
• Strong analytical, verbal & written communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking capabilities coupled with strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Demonstrate strong, creative problem solving and analytical abilities
• Sound understanding of the Bank's Visa and ScotiaCard products and services including but not limited to retail credit cards, commercial credit cards, ScoitaCards, ScotiaOnline, TeleScotia, Mobile Banking, Email Money Transfer, Western Union and Visa Debit.
• Working knowledge of the application systems that support debit/credit card and alternate delivery channel products including CIS, MV, KS, AS400, TSYS, ScotiaGlobe, Image, Intralink, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of the Bank's fraud mitigation tools including PRM, VRM, DFM, Web Extraction, Crystal Reports, Interac On-line, Mike Network, etc.
• Working knowledge of basic PC applications (e.g. Microsoft Office) Working Conditions
• This unit runs on a 24-hour operation, assigned shift will be Sunday to Thursday 4pm-12am.
• The location for this position is Don Mills & Eglinton, North York, ON.
• Bilingualism in French considered mandatory for the role
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence;
• Work is subject to frequent interruptions contributing to a lack of control over the pace of work. The unpredictability of fraud trends and potential sensitive and emotional cardholder issues can contribute to a stressful environment.
• The position requires the use of a headset.
• The incumbent's desk is located close to co-workers and is subject to constant noise.
• He/she is expected to work occasional overtime due to fraud trends and absences, as well as the occasional week-ends and statutory holidays as required to ensure the department has adequate coverage on a 24/7 hour
• He/She may also be expected to provide on call support to department as required during non business hours and work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel
• High degree of flexibility required to adapt to wide variety of tasks and functions and the ability to work in a fast-paced,
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Investment Banking, Fraud Prevention, Manager, Finance, Bilingual, Security, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive