Requisition ID: 98750
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
About the role What you'll be doing...
The Bilingual Fraud Detection Analyst is responsible for preventing and minimizing losses to the Bank resulting from fraudulent activity on Payment cards. This is achieved by working alerts generated by fraud monitoring systems and/or batch reports, analyzing activity/trends, reviewing previous activity and contacting customers to determine if the account has been compromised and if proactive measures are necessary to block the account from further use.Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
1) Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2) Detect and prevent fraudulent activity with respect to the Bank's credit cards, debit cards, ScotiaOnline, Email Money Transfers, Western Union and Visa debit by:
- Analyzing alerts generated by various fraud detection tools and assessing the probability that fraud is occurring.
- Making a decision, based on the analysis completed, to block the account or reduce the limit on the card or to contact the cardholder and/or branch to discuss the activity.
- Working closely and effectively with the rest of the Detection Analysts in sharing information and trends to ensure large scale fraud trends are identified and actioned quickly.
- Escalating new/emerging fraud trends to management so that new fraud detection rules can be implemented to counteract this activity.
- Reviewing frauds caught and missed on a daily basis to ensure continuous improvement in fraud detection effectiveness.
3) Achieve and maintain required service level standards by:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Operating at optimal efficiency of the department by ensuring productivity goals are attained
- Occasionally responding to incoming telephone and written inquiries from customers,
- Communicating with branches and other Bank departments to resolve inquiries relative to fraud issues and/or complaints
What's in it for you?
- At least 1 year of customer service experience, paired with a desire to ensure customer satisfaction. Call centre experience is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English and French is required
- Computer literacy and can navigate between multiple applications and systems
- A high school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred
- 4 weeks of paid training + 1 week on the job training
- A role where you'll have a huge positive impact, protecting our customers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills
- An inclusive working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Technical Support, Finance, Technology, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance