Requisition ID: 159301
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Private Banking Bilingual Credit Solutions Officer is responsible for contributing to the Bank's overall success by providing superior service and support to Credit Solutions Teams as well as the Private Banking partners. The incumbent possesses a broad knowledge of the Private Banking Credit products and services and their primary focus is to assist Credit Solutions Teams with the completion of routine tasks and responsibilities, compliance with policies and ensuring established requirements are met to mitigate risk for the Bank.
• Provide superior service and day-to-day support to Credit Solutions Teams and Private Banking
- Developing and maintaining a sound knowledge and understanding of Private Banking Credit products and services.
- Preparing of collateral documentation for client signatures.
- Responding promptly and effectively to requests and concerns from members of the Credit Solutions teams, Private Banking and GRM.
- Requesting of credit underwriting supporting materials as follows: Credit Bureaus, Property Tax Assessments, Searches (Corporate, Title Searches, and PPSA, Enquiry 2 for Insurance CSV, Particulars of Fixed Securities, Investment Portfolio Summaries (Hollis and Scotia Capital)
- Preparing letters to borrowers requesting update financials for Annual Review.
- Organizing work to maximize productivity.
- Actively identifying and participating with recommendations/ideas for streamlining processes and systems improvements.
- Providing a high degree of service and support combined with innovative approaches to resolving Credit Solutions Teams' and Private Banking issues while maintaining an overall low risk profile for the Bank.
- Completing other credit administration duties as assigned.
- Ensures the Bank's risk profile is mitigated through sound and timely monitoring and reporting, conforming to Bank policies and procedures by:
- Assisting in completing the required review and actioning on the following reports: ORAR, PRR and AR Pipeline Report.
- Adhering to the Bank's Anti-Money Laundering program and Guidelines for Business Conduct, by reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities per established procedures. Contribute to the effective functioning of the Private Banking Head Office team by: Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance, achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service, Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan Functional Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Bank regulations, policies, procedures, and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank's commercial lending, services, policies and procedures.
- Thorough time management & organization skills in order to maximize productivity and satisfy the requirements of the unit.
- • Working knowledge of Scotia Service and Complaints Resolution Standards and Procedures;
- Working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of other bank service and support functions crossing all delivery channels.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's interactive systems including Excel, Word, Outlook, IntraLink,
- Equifax, and CSRS. Basic credit skills (conditions precedent for new funding, borrowing base and financial statements, identify risks)
- Intermediate accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Must be Bilingual (ENG/FRE)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit, Underwriter, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Finance, Insurance, Bilingual, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance