BDM Americas - Core Infrastructure
Reference ID: 566536
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud".
Would you like to focus on increasing adoption and revenue of AWS in the Americas region? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
We're looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager (BDM) in Americas Business Development team to drive adoption of AWS Services (including EC2, Databases, Storage, WorkSpaces, Mobile, and IOT) in Canada.
As a BDM, your responsibilities will include partnering with Canada Sales teams to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. As the Business Development Manager (BDM), you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of AWS within Americas. Your responsibilities will include working very closely with the sales management of Americas, focusing on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration within the various customer segments of Americas including Enterprise, Named, and Territory accounts. The ideal candidate will possess a business development / sales background that enable to lead tactical and strategic initiatives to help drive revenue growth and adoption of existing and emerging technologies.
The BDM will be responsible for: 1. Increasing revenue and adoption for AWS infrastructure and application Web Services. 2. Working closely with sales management and Platform Business Development teams to insure alignment of strategic product and solution initiatives to drive adoption and growth of AWS platform. 3. Partnering with other service BDMs to make sure Americas regional needs are made aware, represented, and managed with Service teams. Primary BDM responsibilities will include helping to define key customer segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in various customer segments, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity.
The ideal candidate will: 1. Possess cloud sales and business development background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises, Mid-Market, and emerging startups. 2. Have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. 3. Will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. 4. Will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling. • Work with Americas region to drive revenue and market share
• Engages with all sizes of customers (from startups, mid-market, to enterprises)
• Exhibits proactive ability and is very astute in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams
• Comfortable managing the sales cycle of an opportunity and will partner with various teams to (Account Executive, Solutions Architect, etc) to develop, propose and close new business.
• Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and explores how the new Enterprise service can help address and resolve these issues.
• Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the service, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
• Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of support across all AWS markets.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Basic Qualifications Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 5-10 years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
• Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Posted: October 16, 2018
Closes: December 15, 2018