A career within Technology Strategy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations develop strategies that transform their technology capabilities and solve their most critical challenges. We focus on building technology enabled and agile operating models, planning their new enterprise architecture into a differentiating capability system that helps them win in the market, leveraging digital analytics to enhance the customer experience and optimising business operations, and using modern management techniques such as robotic process automation and next generation sourcing strategies to help our clients get fit for growth.Meaningful work you'll be part of
As the AWS Cloud Modern Architecture Director , you wi ll work with the Cloud Engineering Team of problem solvers, leveraging emerging cloud technology and services to solve complex business challenges from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead PwC clients to maximize investments and gain value from existing Cloud deployments. From evaluating the portfolio with a strategic lens, looking at cost optimization and using AWS powered accelerators to help expedite time to value for the organization from cloud investments.
• Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure and cloud modernization expertise to support the relationship with PWC's customers, including solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, ideation sessions and pre-sales activities .
• Develop reference architectures and best practice approaches to optimize clients' cloud adoption, application performance, security, and cost models .
• Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
• Lead customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environments, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models based on business drivers.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of AWS cloud related technologies and can articulate best practice approaches and practices.
• Take an "always learning" and "coaching" approach to your leadership role.
• Ability to articulate value propositions, business and technology justifications, and architectural decisions at an executive level .
• Maintain relationships with AWS alliance engineering and product teams to gain access to and provide early feedback on releases, test and document, and demonstrate new features .
• Providing leadership on engagements, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his or her supervision; and working ethically and with integrity. Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Progressive e xperience in legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery and deployment, converged infrastructure, virtualization systems, containers, and associated technologies.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field.
• Experience in large-scale deployments, developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, serverless, PaaS, and container orchestration systems.
• Experience in cloud-native software development methodologies and tools to support application development/deployment stages.
• Knowledge of application security patterns including web application security, service mesh, and mobile security strategies.
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• A demonstrate d commitment to valuing differences and working alongside and/or coaching diverse people and perspectives. Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more a bout us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. The most connected firm through activity based working
PwC Canada is committed to cultivating an inclusive, hybrid work environment - one that is collaborative, supportive and productive. We work in-person and virtually, as is best suited for our clients, teams and people . We want you to be intentional with your work, how you do it and where it's done. PwC offices are hubs of connectivity and learning. We strongly encourage our people to prioritise in-person work, whether it's in the office or at a client site. This means we expect you to be in-person (either with clients or in the office) at least half of your time. We know that hybrid work is all about balance, and capturing the benefits of in-person work is essential to your growth at the firm. Exact expectations for your team can be discussed with your interviewer.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
Information Technology Law Enforcement and Security