Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Ottawa; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.What will your typical day look like?
As our ideal candidate, you will possess deep AWS technical expertise to architect, engineer, and operationalize projects. Your previous experience at a service provider or large enterprise will enable us to implement industry best practices to meet our client requirements. Your appetite to learn will ensure we keep up with latest practices, ideas, and trends in the public cloud space.
As an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect you will:
About the team
- Architect, design & deliver large-scale AWS projects
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance at all organizational levels, particularly senior management.
- Provide strategic thinking, cloud solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations
- Architect end-to-end cloud solutions.
- Define pros and cons of solution options to arrive at consensus around architecture decisions.
- Define strategic multi-year roadmap, cloud reference architectures and architecture standards for clients.
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Work with product management areas to establish required cloud infrastructures and frameworks.
- Perform product evaluations and proof of concepts.
Deloitte is an industry leader in enabling our clients' Cloud Transformation programs. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full range of Cloud services and solutions. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud technologies to deliver next-gen Cloud solutions. Enough about us, let's talk about you
As an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you have:
- 3+ years' experience with the following foundational AWS Services as it pertains to architecture and implementation:
- VPC (IPAM, Route Tables, VPN/Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, Security Groups, VPC Peering, ALB/ELB/NLB, etc.)
- IaaS Services (EC2, AMI, Snapshots, EBS, Autoscaling)
- Storage Services (S3, EFS, Glacier, Storage Gateway, AWS Backup)
- RDS Services (MySQL, Aurora, Postgres, MSSQL)
- Container Services (ECS, EKS, Fargate, Container Registry)
- Monitoring & Governance Services (CloudWatch, Config, CloudTrail, AWS Organizations)
- Cost Management (Cost Explorer, Budgets, Reserved Instances/Savings Plans)
- Knowledge of Cloud Security principles and frameworks, DevOps and Server-less Cloud Computing concepts and their integration with AWS
- Experience in and/or knowledge of Workload Migration Automation Tools and Infrastructure as Code (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) as it pertains to AWS
- One AWS Cloud certification (Professional level preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Ability to influence teams to a future state while understanding the need to make practical decisions along the way.
- Excellent facilitation, discovery, analysis, and prototyping skills.
- Self-initiated individual who consistently delivers high quality results with limited guidance and willingly trains, guides and positively influences others.
- Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and must be able to manage multiple requests at the same time.
- High motivation, self-starting, ability to work with minimal direct supervision, takes ownership.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production