To: All Security Personnel
From: Nancy Andrea Kovacs
Date: July 25th, 2018
Closing Date: July 31st, 2018
Re: Job Posting
Position: Auxiliary Response Unit
Site: Mobile Department
City: Central (catering to the Downtown Toronto, Etobicoke, Brampton region)
Status: Full Time x 8
Hours: Continental (0630-1830/1830-0630/0800-2000/2000-0800 hrs.)
Pay Rate: $15.00 (subject to change based on a levelling system)
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!Job Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Functions:
• Patrol assigned site on foot to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security.
• Engage in duties such as conducting incident reports, investigating security breaches, identifying and responding to safety hazards, actively engaging in emergency situations which require you to contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel.
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing rules and regulations as mandated by site policies and procedures.
• Offer support to any person in need by providing good customer service.
• Provide a security presence, such as providing direction, responding to emergency situations involving violent individuals and injuries.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Position requires traveling to sites in the GTA/Eastern and Western Ontario (Transportation will be provided via Mobile Zone Supervisor)
• Previous security experience is an asset
• Post Secondary education in a Law Enforcement/Security program from a recognized College
• Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Mental Health Act
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy
• Must possess a valid G2 Class license
• Must provide drivers abstract. No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
• All successful applicants must undergo a vulnerable sector check
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
1. Immunization Record
2. Successful completion of Healthcare Security Training (online or in class will be accepted)
3. Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with Persons with Mental Illness
4. First Aid & CRP Level C
5. Use of Force
6. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
7. A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
Position Requirements: Successful applicants will be required to complete the following courses:
1. Paladin's online Customer Service
2. Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
3. Paladin's online WHMIS
4. Paladin's online Note Taking and Report Writing
5. Paladin's online Radiation Safety for Healthcare Security
6. IAHSS Basic Guard Training
7. Additional courses as assignedAdditional Information / Benefits
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
1. Visit www.paladinsecurity.com
2. Click on Employee Portal
3. Enter username and password
4. Click on career opportunities
5. Click on Ontario, then Toronto
6. Select the job posting
7. Register and apply
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the HR Department at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the Mobile Zone Supervisor
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 8