Requisition ID: 111514
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Job Purpose
- Assist in evaluating the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls for assigned sections/projects/processes/units in Global Operations, with the focus in the Canadian Operations.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Execute the assigned audit programs as Team Participant under the direction of the Team Officer in Charge (OIC).
- Ensure department standards are maintained in completion of all assignments
1. Audit Planning
- Gain an understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned sections/processes. Review the business overview and appropriate sections of the manuals.
2. Auditing and Execution
- Execute the assigned audit programs under the direction of the Officer in Charge (OIC) including appropriate audit testing and documentation of results.
- Provide assistance to the OIC and other audit team members on a variety of audit tasks.
3. Problem Identification
- Ensure audit results are gathered and assess the impact of the findings on the internal control framework. This would include confirmation of the findings with the audit client and discussion of the root cause with the OIC.
- Escalate weaknesses identified to the OIC on a timely basis
- Draft audit findings.
- Provide input on the audit report for assigned sections.
5. HR Management
- Prepare periodic and annual performance self-assessments, personal goals and objectives for measurement of performance, a career development and training plan and monitor for achievement/completion.
- Manage self-development by/through confirming job expectations; identifying mentors/coaches and enquiring about training needs ensuring timely completion of performance appraisals.
6. Internal/External Communication
- Maintain effective internal communication through the ongoing sharing and acquiring of information.
- Maintain effective communication with auditees, line management and external auditors as applicable.
7. Special Projects
- As directed by management, carry out specific projects or investigations.
- Undergraduate University Degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, engineering or other relevant area.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of tasks as well as deadline and scheduling changes.
- Strong interpersonal, communications (written and oral) and relationship management skills.
- Attention to accuracy and details.
- Experience with internal auditing or evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting is an asset.
- Analytical skills and general knowledge of data analytic or visualization tools is an asset.
- Spanish or French is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Audit, Operations Manager, Bank, Banking, Finance, Operations