Requisition ID: 111711
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Conduct audits as Team Participate or sometimes as Office in Charge (OIC) (for less complex projects) to assess the design and operating effectiveness of model risk management and controls, and ensure business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champion a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Executes assigned audit activities independently as a team member under the direction of the OIC on assignments. This includes a thorough understanding of the business/unit/process and associated risks, completion of audit procedures and testing, discussions with management and documentation of work performed.
- Delivers end-to-end audit execution process within scheduled timeline and ensures nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion.
- Ensures audit findings and results are gathered and timely communicated with identified root cause, associated impact, audit recommendations and management actions that address the root cause. Ensures audit issues/reports are written with a consistent high standard, audit steps/results are clearly documented, and corrective action/progress against any reported issues are tracked and updated.
- Manage self-development by confirming/communicating job expectations, identifying mentors/coaches and enquiring about training needs, ensuring timely completion of performance appraisals and manages assigned staff.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, cyber security and conduct risk.
- Degree in Quant area such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Business etc.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics and Predictive Modelling.
- 2+ Working knowledge of Risk Management, Operations, Model Regulation Environment and Practices.
- Strong knowledge of data query, modelling techniques, statistical tests and tools (SQL, SAS, R, Python etc.)
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with staff and management at various levels. Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time and work in high levels of ambiguity and changing environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Audit, Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Accounting, Finance