Requisition ID: 158827
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
The Bank's Internal Audit Department plays a key role in the risk management process of the Bank. It's mandate is to provide independent and objective assurance over the design and operation of the Bank's controls and operational processes and to provide advisory services designed to improve the Bank's operations.
The role of this position is to perform and (in some cases) manage audits to assess the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls relating to trading and treasury activities in Toronto and international locations. The incumbent will be required to work as part of a team that audit major business lines (Global Banking and Markets and Group Treasury) and assist the Director/Senior Managers, GBM / GT Audit in assessing controls relating to front, middle and back offices in different locations that relate to the business lines. The incumbent will ensure that department standards are met on all assignments.
Good knowledge of treasury and capital market products, and market risk management techniques will be required to perform treasury/trading related audits covering structural, market and liquidity management risks. The incumbent should be able to assess applicability of regulations and apply risk-based auditing standards in review and testing of processes and controls around data management and methodologies. Accountabilities
Skills, Experience and Functional Competencies
- Reviewing effectiveness of risk management controls, measurement techniques, limits and reporting based on a detailed understanding of the treasury strategies and products involving interest rate risk, liquidity and funding management.
- Assessing the trading and sales practices controls within Front Office units and overall effectiveness of trading management oversight
- Reviewing adequacy of various methodologies including structural interest rate risks and liquidity measurement.
- Work with audit team members in the group in order to perform end to end business line reviews, as directed by the Director & VP, Global Banking Markets/Group Treasury Audit
Education and Other Requirements and Information
- Basic knowledge of treasury, capital markets and banking products with good understanding of various risk management techniques and data risk management.
- Over 3 years of experience in treasury functions, capital markets risk management or audit functions.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to assess risk exposure in complex products and understand risk quantification.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good data analytical skills (i.e. VBS, SQL, Power BI, Python etc.).
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for liquidity risk management and interest rate risk management would be an asset.
- Prior audit experience with respect to trading/treasury activities or exposure to trading and market risk management.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent at a minimum.
- Designation in FRM and/or CFA will be an asset.
- Emphasis will be given to candidates with relevant technical qualifications/professional training in risk management, Internal Audit and data analytics.
- Located in our Toronto office, the incumbent will be a member of integrated audit teams covering end to end processes mainly in Group Treasury functions and occasionally Global Banking & Markets (GBM) activities. The incumbent will be required to travel occasionally to conduct audits in international locations to perform audit of International Banking Treasury functions.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Audit, Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Finance
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance