55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
An effective audit function provides vital assurance to the Board of Directors and senior management as to the quality and effectiveness of the internal control system and in so doing helps reduce the risk of loss and reputational damage to the Enterprise. The function is instrumental in identifying high risk circumstances that could lead to material impact on profitability or reputation.
In this role you will apply your knowledge of advanced analytics algorithms and technologies (e.g. machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to deliver better predictions and/or intelligent automation that enable smarter business decisions, improved customer experience and drive productivity for our business. You will use your strong communication and story-telling skills to summarize statistical/algorithmic findings to draw business conclusions, and present actionable insight in a way that resonates with business/groups. You will drive innovation through the development of Data & AI products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in in alignment with Data & AI governance frameworks of BMO.
Reporting to Senior Audit Manager, Data Science, the Audit Manager, Data Science is responsible for
- Build rule-based, statistical and machine learning models and pipelines via SQL and Python based framework
- Automate analytics and author data pipelines via SQL and Python based ETL framework
- Create and maintain internal documentation on projects, pipelines, tools, datasets, know-how and best practices
- Contribute to design of roadmap for analytics and data science, e.g. discussions relating to project timelines, analytics adaptation, and training curriculum about AI / ML within audit
- Share and promote success stories relating to completed projects within audit
- Stay up to date on data, technologies, AI trends and workflows within BMO as they are developed, and help audit partners understand and prepared for relevant communications
- Partner with various audit teams to identify opportunities to improve audit process via AI / ML, automation pipelines and analytics, and to define good metrics to measure and monitor such improvements
- Partner with IT specialists across Technology and Operations to implement and productionize analytical and self-served solutions
- Partner with IT specialists across Cloud Engineering and similar functions for experimentations relating to cloud-based analytical tools and services, should the need arise
- Master's degree or higher in a Quantitative or Technical field
- Typically 5 - 7 years of experience
- Solid understanding of statistical modeling and data science methods
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell
- Experience working cross-functionally and communicating technical content to general audiences
We're here to help
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with web development
- Experience with distributed computing and cloud services
- Knowledge of SAS and R
- Knowledge of agile methodology
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.