55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Audit, Risk & Compliance The Opportunity
The Corporate areas audit team is a specialty team within the Corporate Audit Division that assesses the quality and effectiveness of internal control, governance and risk management . This team focuses on Finance, Compliance, Risk, Human Resources and other Corporate Areas with a group or enterprise-wide focus. Your key responsibilities
As an Audit Manager on the Corporate areas audit team, you will be responsible for testing key internal controls and governance and risk management processes, in alignment with Corporate Audit Methodology. You will identify and communicate to Audit leadership changes in project risks and processes identified through testing as well as suggested responses to those changes. You will contribute to the team's efficiency by identifying opportunities for simplification and automation. Strong communication and client relationship management skills are a must as you will engage with senior leaders from across BMO. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in a public accounting firm, be trained in accounting and have a strong foundational understanding of finance audits.
We're here to help
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Provides critical input to Chief Auditor/Assistant Chief Auditor on the practical aspects of the audit and its execution.
- Helps to develop and lead audit plan for individual engagements.
- Provides input into Corporate Audit processes identifying opportunities to simplify.
- Executes audits in full recognition of the risks of the group that encompass the inherent risks, control risks and internal/external environment and regulatory risks. This may encompass individual audits and broader capstone audits of Enterprise level functions/processes.
- Conducts advisory engagements and other engagements as required.
- Determines impact of changing strategies, tactics, risks and initiatives on audit, advisory and investigative services.
- Identifies and evaluates the impact of new and emerging technology and technology risk on the organization's processes and control environment.
- Utilizes data analytics to improve quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops an awareness of business strategies, policies and standards providing meaningful insights based upon knowledge and research which will continue to improve the Enterprise management and control processes.
- Maintains the independence of the audit practice and its personnel.
- Develops insightful discussion points contributing to audit reports that provides fair and balanced assessment of governance, risk and control processes based on audit work performed. Deliverables must be objective, clear, concise and timely.
- Identifies control deficiencies and provides a fair and balanced assessment of their magnitude.
- Maintains working knowledge of the industry, regulatory, broad economic environment, and internal environment, as to the development of new strategies and plans, opportunities and risk, to obtain an understanding of the control environment.
- Ensures that all audit procedures executed are conducted in accordance to Corporate Audit Methodology as confirmed by it's Quality Assurance program and/or regulatory examination results.
- Applies sound judgement in the execution of the assigned work and ensures open lines of communication.
- Develops and maintains good working relations with key stakeholders.
- Actively monitors change management initiatives and identifies potential risks.
- Actively participates and supports Corporate Audit change initiatives.
- Maintains and enhances professional audit qualifications in line with industry standards.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications:
- 3+ years minimum but typically between 5+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional designations or business designation such as CIA, CPA-Audit.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail