Assurance, Senior Staff (Private Client Services)
Reference ID: TOR003AI
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
As an Assurance Senior, you will be a professional member of the EY Private Client Services team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a career opportunity as a Senior Staff Accountant for our PCS Assurance group. Our PCS practice provides specialized audit, accounting, and review services (review engagements, notices to reader, compilation), as well as personal and corporate tax and business advisory services to individuals and privately owned businesses.
Skills and attributes for success
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction. Proactively maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
• Direct fieldwork daily, inform supervisors of the engagement status, and manage staff performance.
• Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
• Preparation of corporate tax returns; identify and propose solutions to corporate tax issues
• Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews.
• Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment.
• Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills.
• Develop an understanding of EY's service lines and actively seek/encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm's services.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, and/or an undergraduate or graduate degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Public Accounting firm serving private companies/clients
• Strong hands on experience with audit engagements as well as Corporate Tax
• Have to be working towards their CPA, CA designation
• Ability to provide stellar experience and value proposition to the clients each time and every time
• Competent to manage and deliver high quality work in ever changing and fast paced environment.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills following consultative approach to the clients.
• You are extremely detailed oriented, responsive, excellent in building relationships, a team player, self- motivated, self- driven, possess analytical problem solving skills and decision making skills; and follow a consultative approach to issues.
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019