Requisition ID: 165298
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Associate Total Wealth Planners (ATWP) are experienced and knowledgeable planners with Certified Financial Planning designations. The Associate Total Wealth Planner (CPG) provides Total Wealth Planning support to Scotia Wealth Management advisors and Specialists across the country.
Contribute to the overall success of the Total Wealth Planning, Client Solutions in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide planning support of complex plans to SWM Advisors and Senior Total Wealth Planners
- Provide and analyze alternative scenarios or solutions in a plan to assess different situations for clients to meet their goals
- Identify and communicate referral opportunities to advisors; act as liaison between Team of Specialists and advisors and follow up on closed client needs
- Available for client meetings for plan discovery and presentation
- Work with advisors who do self serve plans to review their inputs and reports
- Provide software training for all new employees; including the WMAP program
- Provide ongoing training and support for TWPAs, and internal peer plan audits to ensure high quality planning standards
- Understanding of compliance role and availability to help with compliance responsibilities as needed
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Supports Advisors and Advisor Teams across Scotia Wealth Management; ScotiaMcLeod, Private Banking, Private Investment Counsel, Scotiatrust
- Financial Planning is a cornerstone of the offerings of Scotia Wealth Management
- Regulatory bodies and special requirements
Education / Experience / Other Information
- College or University degree
- CFP designation
- Minimum 2 years of client facing experience and financial planning experience
- Thorough understanding of investment and retirement products. Knowledge of asset protection, estate planning and tax planning desirable
- Experience in using Financial Planning software (Naviplan preferred)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Asset Protection, Loss Prevention, Law, Investment Banking, Legal, Retail, Security, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance