Permanent Reference code
:106311 Primary Location:
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Ottawa Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and stimulating environment? Would you like to further your professional development within our Tax team? Take advantage of this opportunity!What will your typical day look like?
In this role, you will liaise with clients and various Deloitte teams throughout the engagement lifecycle. You will be responsible for the following:
About the team
- Assist with bookkeeping and investment tracking for clients' corporations, trusts and personal assets;
- Prepare reconciliations of bank accounts and investment accounts;
- Communicate directly with clients and their advisors. Communication will be primarily in English;
- Work as part of a team to assist with the workflow management of tasks related to providing a superior service to clients;
- Help draft engagement letters CRA response packages and other documents as needed;
- Manage the overall client lifecycle and client mailboxes;
- Create ad hoc reports and net worth statements;
- Assist with billing processes; and
- Other administrative support for client and engagement team, as required.
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help your company excel globally.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields;
- Develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients;
- Continue your professional development in order to progress in your chosen career path.
You are someone who has:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience (depending on level)in a professional, customer-service driven and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat;
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Exceptional commitment to client service and continuous improvement;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction;
- Bookkeeping experience is an asset;
- Experience working in a tax practice is an asset; and
- Flexibility to work overtime, if required.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Bookkeeping, Administrative Assistant, Equity, Developer, Accounting, Finance, Administrative, Technology
Management and Executive