Requisition ID: 97723
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Associate, Investment Banking - Real Estate Property Brokerage Group
Global Banking and Markets provides a full range of credit, risk management and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign exchange and bullion & base metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank. Position Highlights:
Associates in Investment Banking enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment in which they execute a broad range of transactions. A high degree of responsibility is afforded to those demonstrating initiative and the desire to take on such responsibility.
At the early stages of their career, Associates focus on client presentations, financial modeling, research and mentoring/supervising Analysts. As the individual's career progresses, Associates take on increased responsibilities on live transactions and participating in business development under the guidance of senior group members. Scotiabank brings new Associates in contact with senior team members and clients at the earliest possible stage, allowing them to gain experience in managing and cultivating relationships.
A significant amount of effort, diligence and initiative is required to properly execute assignments. The complexity of clients' financial requirements coupled with the intense competitiveness of the investment banking industry necessitates a full commitment to the task at hand. Standards are very high as most work is presented to senior executives at client firms and supervision is provided only to the extent that it is required.
Scotiabank's Property Brokerage Group executes commercial real estate transactions on behalf of institutional and private clients. With a limited hierarchy of professionals and a small project team approach, Associates have ample opportunity for career growth and development. Associates will benefit from exposure to a wide range of commercial real estate transactions related to all major asset classes across Canada.
New Associates may participate in the Capital Ideas Program, an intensive training program developed by the Firm. The program is designed to orient participants to our culture, people, products and services and to provide the soft and technical skills, and contacts critical for success. Team projects, individual study and social activities supplement classroom discussions.
The successful candidate will be a key member within a team of professionals servicing a broad range of real estate clients out of Scotiabank's downtown Toronto office. Responsibilities:
Major Activities Include:
- Evaluating and analyzing the value of real estate assets for institutional and private clients, including the development of financial models;
- Creating marketing materials and presentations;
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time; and
- Identifying and developing business opportunities with clients.
- Perform comprehensive property-level financial analysis and create and maintain models;
- Collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data;
- Valuation and written analysis of real estate assets;
- Preparing client presentations, including compiling data and assembling presentation materials;
- Supporting drafting of transaction documents and marketing materials; and
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
- 3 - 5 years' work experience in Investment Banking, M&A, Equity Research or the Real Estate sector in a financial, analytical, corporate finance role;
- Bachelor or a Masters degree in Business, Math, Engineering or Science;
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities;
- A clearly defined interest in Investment Banking or Property Brokerage
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- The ability to:
- manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work;
- excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines;
- perform effectively in a team environment;
- High professional standards including a strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations;
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts; and
- Proven capability to think independently and make decisions .
- 5 + years of relevant commercial real estate work experience;
- Strong command of ARGUS Enterprise software; and
- Experience conducting research through Altus Group services (e.g. RealNet, Altus InSite), CMHC, government land and title registries and other real estate research platforms.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Real Estate, Realtor, Bank, Banking, Equity, Sales, Finance