WSPhas a new opportunity for aGeotechnical Field Technician
on apermanent basis within Barrie Ontario.This opportunity will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in a leading global professional consulting firm. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Providing technical services in a field and office environment;
- Providing technical assistance in materials related projects and tasks, including carrying out field and laboratory testing of various materials on construction sites, in-situ density testing and testing of concrete and asphalt materials;
- Performing construction site reconnaissance, inspections and observations;
- Carrying out fieldwork, directing field work operations for subsurface investigations including layout, supervising drill rigs and/or excavators, logging boreholes and test pits, site surveying to determine elevations at specific locations, sampling soil and groundwater, and preparing of detailed site sketches;
- Using specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports and/or technical drawings;
- Summarizing and analyzing findings from investigations and lab testing for report writing; and,
- Working with and providing support to other members of the group in assisting with other field and office activities as required.
- College Diploma in a Civil Engineering Technician / Technology or Construction Engineering Technician / Technology diploma program, preferably with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering;
- Previous experience working as a geotechnical technician is an asset;
- A vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid driver's license;
- Knowledge of drilling procedures.
- An ownership attitude, initiative, enthusiasm, a desire to continually learn and grow, a detail and quality focus, good judgement, a good work ethic, adaptability and good communication skills.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians