100 King Street West
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
Provides a markets-based suite of sales and trading solutions to Institutional, Corporate, and Retail clients. Offers a full spectrum of integrated capabilities to deliver leading market insight, risk management, and execution services to issuing and/or investor clients, including access to major global markets across asset classes including: debt, foreign exchange, interest rate, credit, equity, securitization, and commodities. Provides competitive pricing to all clients and seeks out new opportunities with prospective clients. Maximizes profit while prudently minimizing the bank's exposure and adhering to regulatory statutes.
- Acts as point person to provide client support in the form of proposals, marketing material, event planning, and scheduling with the cooperation of trading and sales, research, and marketing and with the support of a senior leader.
- Responds to inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community in a professional manner and determines acceptable solutions.
- Provides competitively priced liquidity to corporate, institutional, and interbank clients; quotes hedging advice, and market information in support of the customer business and arbitrage opportunities.
- Supports sales activities with trading strategies, definition and market information customized to suit their client's individual needs.
- Understands the needs of clients and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Provides support for an outstanding client experience.
- Uses good judgement in meetings/speaks up with ideas/communicates ideas effectively/asks good questions.
- Markets financial institutions to increase order flow, volume and market information.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients and acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Verifies that all confirms on trades or sales are accurate and promptly delivered.
- Communicates transaction details to the brokerage community and custodians. Resolves settlement issues related to incorrect billing.
- Develops strong market knowledge to provide comprehensive service to clients, develop new solutions, and construct compelling recommendations.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents in order to better serve client needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and leverages relationships across businesses, senior leaders and clients to foster and support coordination.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Cultivates strong relationships with the research team in order to understand their industries and stock coverage.
- Uses analytical skills (probability, statistical inference, etc.) and applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Develops an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Helps colleagues with the presentation of information and preparation of proposals for their review.
- Assists colleagues in the research and resolution of administrative/operational issues.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal / compliance, etc.).
- Maintains and develops knowledge of client systems/applications, and the internal web-based research document database
- Executes orders for purchase or sales of securities or completes transaction independently if brokerage firm is market maker in requested transaction. All transactions must be recorded accurately and frequently reviewed for accuracy.
- Receives and reviews all transactions to ensure accuracy and that transactions conform to the regulations of SEC, NASD, and other regulatory agencies.
- Tracks supply and demand and evaluates market development.
- Operates within position and loss limits as prudent management of the Bank's exposure.
- Manages risk related to pricing and sales/trading of the book. Takes action to reduce exposure in developing and delivering client strategies.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Accounting/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics, CFA preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial markets with previous exposure to the financial markets and/or analysis gained through a combination of work and educational qualifications is required.
- Basic understanding of trading or sales procedures and broader regulatory and financial concepts.
- Series 7, 63, and 55 licenses required or attained within 6 months.
- Demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and/or project management skills.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Annual base salary: $115,000-120,000USD . The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the BMO Financial Group's salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role. This position is also eligible for a bonus plan.
The base salary and potential bonus is one component of BMO Financial Group's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: www.bmousbenefits.com
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians