Associate, Asset Management Operations
We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
Are you registered as an Advising Representative (AR) or IIROC portfolio manager with provincial regulators? Do you have a passion for the financial industry and investment management? As an Associate within Asset Management Operations, you will support our Asset Management and Portfolio Administration teams by reviewing, managing and approving client portfolio design and changes, as well as assist in research and management for model portfolios, asset mix, risk management, liquidity risk and responsible investing (ESG). The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, analytical and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
This role will operate on a hybrid working model in either Vancouver or Toronto.
As an Associate, Asset Management Operations, your key accountabilities will involve:
As an Associate, Asset Management Operations, your experience and qualifications will include:
- Daily monitoring and approval of client portfolio construction and trade recommendations, executing trades for clients in accordance with investment objective and portfolio guidelines.
- Research for model portfolio structures, asset mix, risk management, liquidity risk and responsible investing (ESG-Environmental, Social, Governance).
- Assist Portfolio Managers across all investment teams with cash management, mutual fund, equity, fixed income, option, and forex trading.
- Provide assistance and training to Portfolio Administration teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve any issues or discrepancies in trade executions and settlements.
- Assisting the firm in meeting its compliance requirements.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail to ensure that trading is accurate and timely.
- Work with all investment teams on research projects and other duties as assigned from time-to-time based on changing business environment and priorities.
- Keep abreast of market developments and regulatory changes that may impact portfolio operations and make recommendations on how to adjust processes or improve technology accordingly.
- CFA or CIM designation with a minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Prior registration as an Advising Representative (AR) or IIROC portfolio manager with provincial regulators is required. Must be AR registerable.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or a related field.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and an ability to make informed investment decisions.
- Experience with trading, research and securities analysis and security selection including understanding of technical, fundamental, and qualitative analysis.
- Experience with managing investment portfolios on a discretionary basis, including investment decision-making, rebalancing, and evaluating performance is considered an asset.
- Experience with research, writing, and reporting on asset classes, economic sectors, and market related activity considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills, and financial industry systems and tools. Experience with Bloomberg is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to anticipate problems and solve proactively.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Strong time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with the confidence to adapt to change.
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers
Banking, Finance and Insurance