Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada's leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be, using technology to create innovative, forward thinking banking solutions with our clients' needs in mind.
We are made up of high performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our high trust agile environment to deliver best in class solutions for our customers. We believe in giving people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them, allowing them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their career.
Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!Department Summary:
Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a digital bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients.
The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for Deposits, Lending, and Investments products.Role Purpose:
The Associate of Account Processing is responsible for workflow processing and problem resolution of customer transactions generated from Sales and Service, Cafe, mail-in, on-line applications and various other departments.
The Account Processing team is responsible for the daily processing of cheque deposits and Tangerine cheque clearing within the bank.
The position offers candidates an opportunity to gain experience in account investigation and reconciliation and develop a large understanding of various aspects of the departments within Tangerine and the financial industry. The Associate of Account Processing will report directly to the Manager of Account Processing. Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
Skills You Need to Succeed:
- Responsible for daily completion of Remote Deposit Capture, Tangerine cheque clearing cheque verification, entering data, and client/account investigations
- Process and complete all transactions/requests that result from Service and Sales daily activities which include verifying information, data entry and client/account investigation.
- Examines cheques for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, verify amount, payee and proper encoding
- Resolve all account investigations efficiently and accurately
- Responsible for obtaining further information for incomplete documentation
- Encoding of deposit cheques for daily bank clearing
- Assist with reconciliation and preparation of daily bank deposit
- Must be able to handle high volume of processing especially during peak periods
- Resolve banking issues for clients, both internal and external
- Provide Service and Sales support for inquiries from clients
- Operate a high speed letter opener, sort all incoming mail for Tangerine based on form type and/ or key word indicators quickly while maintaining quality results
- Sort, seal and affix correct postage on outgoing mail
- Distribute mail to all floors of the building and Collect outgoing mail at distribution points
- Actively participate in team meetings, achieve department and individual goals and build positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Provide information on the guidelines and procedures of the CBS Department
- Handle inbound calls, emails and tickets from internal and external customers which may include account research and resolution of product questions or issues
- Participate in team meetings, plan and achieve department and individual goals and build positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Collaborate with team members to ensure procedures are current and documented. Participate and contribute on cross-functional committees as assigned
What's in it for you?
- University or College Degree
- 1-3 years of work related experience, preferably in the banking industry
- Trust or Banking Institute courses are an asset
- Call Centre experience is an asset
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as awhole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Medical, Accounting, Bank, Banking, Healthcare, Finance, Research