Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver; Calgary; Montreal; Toronto
Have many careers in one Firm.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality. What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager or Assistant Manager in our Securities and Reporting Advisory group, you will be part of a national team, involved in planning and executing a wide variety of securities and regulatory reporting advisory projects; including working with our clients on Initial Public Offerings and other prospectus and offering documents; Management Discussion & Analysis optimization; and cross border issues. In addition, you will be assisting clients with their climate change reporting and disclosures. Our tight knit team will help you develop securities regulatory expertise giving you the skills to contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns; and developing and leading timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients. About the team
The Securities and Reporting Advisory group works with both audit teams and advisory clients, providing a range of services related to IPOs, financings, corporate reporting enhancements, ESG disclosures, comment letters, GAAP conversions, and other.
Our team provides expertise on securities and reporting related matters and serves as the core securities "center of excellence". We work cross functionally with our other service lines to provide a full suite of services and to help clients navigate complex events and transactions. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
We are looking for professionals willing to learn and who have had some experience with securities regulations, as well as IFRS, US GAAP, and ASPE. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience with a professional services firm and/or public company
- Ability to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective and aptitude in researching securities regulation and accounting guidance
- Self-starter and strong work ethic with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and securities law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional service experience in leading teams through complex engagements
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team-building skills, including being a role model for others and coaching
Preference for Toronto and Montreal but will consider applicants from other locations as well. Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production