Permanent Reference code
:104461 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in Accounting Advisory? Do you want to continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path? Take a look at this exciting position!What will your typical day look like?
As an AssistantManager/Manager in our team, you will:
About the team
- Review and oversee the full cycle, planning through execution, of projects,
- Contribute to business development and the strengthening of client relationships,
- Review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to technical knowledge, communication skills, leadership and project management,
- Should opportunities arise, serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- Contribute to market-facing and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns,
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel; and,
- Mentor and develop teams of advisory resources.
The Accounting Operations Advisory (AOA) practice focuses on the betterment of financial reporting developed, both for regulatory and management purposes, by applying deep accounting operations and financial reporting expertise to the Finance function. There are several pillars core to our success and growth:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Automation & Sourcing: Controllership applications implementation & advisory, staff augmentation
- Digital: Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, Algorithm & Analytics
- Diagnostics & Testing: Process, controls, systems assessments and selections, finance and talent operating model
- Disruptive events: M&A, IPOs, dispositions, carveouts, private equity
- Operate: Fully managed finance services
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Experience working in a finance role or providing assurance, consulting & advisory services to finance functions
- CPA, CA designation and between 5to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Background in Audit considered as a very strong asset
- Experience in real estate, industrial, construction or consumer/retail industries is considered an asset
- Strong technical skills & experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, and/or ASPE.
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Ability to translate client challenges into tactical improvement opportunities and develop requirements from a strategic perspective
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in Data Analytics/Visualization (Tableau) tools and translating Finance data into insights considered an asset
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities (experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership)
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Private Equity, Assistant Manager, Project Manager, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Management, Technology
Management and Executive