The Internal Audit (IA) organization is responsible for delivering high quality objective and independent assurance over the Company&rsquo s key business risks to the Audit Committee and Management in a cost effective way and consistent with Professional Standards. Reflecting the Company&rsquo s core value of continuous improvement, the function is in the process of moving toward wider coverage of operational risks, exploring more efficient audit approaches and industry best practices where appropriate.
The Assistant Manager of C-SOX & IA will be located at MDA' s Corporate Head office in Brampton, Ontario and will report directly to the Director of Internal Audit for Maxar Technologies. This role will have specific responsibility for executing the C-SOX plan within the IA function in accordance with professional best practices, and will assist the Director and Vice President of IA and the leadership team in driving function-wide transformation programs and the strategic direction for the team. This person will stay closely aligned with Finance and C-SOX Compliance management in order to understand and add value to our business. Principal Accountabilities/Duties
Previous Experience Required
- Help define & execute the Canadian-SOX audit plans, based on thorough understanding of our business and risk exposures and incorporating an integrated approach with Operational audit
- Contribute to the overall risk assessment performed for C-SOX considerations
- Assist in execution of core Financial and Operations Internal Audits when not working on Canadian SOX efforts.
- Deliver high quality, efficient and timely audit work in accordance with the Internal Audit charter, IIA standards and professional best practices
- Add value to the business through great communication and alignment with Finance management
- Work closely with the Canadian business C-SOX Compliance teams on scoping, planning and execution of work
- Work with external auditors and help IA leadership manage expectations
- Assist with driving efficiencies in our approach to &ldquo do more with less&rdquo
- Assist on the creation of actions to remediate deficiencies and risk mitigation plan with stakeholders
- Assist with driving department transformation programs which may include implementing risk based auditing approaches, streamlining processes and documentation, improving indicators & performance metrics, developing audit training & development, enhancing stakeholder & Audit Committee reporting and department budgeting processes.
- Drive the professional development, including benchmarking, training, certification and engagement, like in IIA forums
- Will report to the Director of IA based in Palo Alto, CA, USA.
- Around 5 years of Canadian-SOX and Internal Audit experience
- Exposure to internal audit in an international manufacturing environment (any A& D experience would be a bonus)
- Deep understanding of C-SOX internal controls framework and certifications process
- Having the CIA (or CA/CPA) certification would be a bonus
- Effective communicator, relationship builder and a manager of expectations
- Good knowledge of IIA audit best practices and emerging trends
This position is based in Brampton, Ontario. The successful candidate(s) should already hold security clearance at the Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: September 21, 2018
Closes: November 20, 2018