This is your opportunity to join a fast-paced organization with a large, stable, and continuously growing presence in the vertical market software industry!
As Assistant Controller, you will assist the Controller in maintaining the corporation's accounting/financial reporting functions. Supervises accounting for all transactions related to the general ledger such as receivables and payables and prepaid expenses. Oversees the company-wide reporting process and assists line managers in the financial planning process and management of financial results
What you will be doing:
- 60% Assists Controller with the maintenance of corporate fiscal records.
- Supervises transactions related to accounting and budgets.
- Ensures records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- 20% Assists Controller with technical and regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensures compliance with all accounting laws and regulations.
- Prepares for and provides necessary schedules, document, and files to auditors.
- 10% Conducts special studies, reports, and analyses as requested.
- 10% Provides management and leadership for accounting team, to include setting standards for performance and development. Ensures accountability of team members and takes appropriate action to recognize, reward, coach and discipline as needed
What we offer:
- Three weeks' vacation and five personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Financial and professional development support for CPA candidates and members
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Performance driven organization with many opportunities for advancement