Requisition ID: 132142
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team:
Contributes to the overall success of the Canadian Data Platforms team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide technical analyses and recommendations in terms of new solutions and supporting existing ones, with a focus on creating robust and reusable solutions.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it. Work towards improving stability and decreasing vulnerabilities across the platform.
- Create and maintain documentation, such as architectural diagrams and best practices documents.
- Mentor team members to increase their knowledge and technical abilities.
- Coordinate and lead platform wide changes, such as AIX patches and Work Load Swap exercises, with a focus on communicating with customers and technical teams.
- Manages the execution of day-to-day project-oriented work efforts and meeting customer expectations for contracted time, cost and specifications definitions. Reviewing requirements, estimating work effort on new initiatives, develop design documents (GDD) as well as File specs.
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with peers within the business unit and with business partners
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review while ensuring Bank standards are being adhered to.
What's in it for you?
- Technical leadership, maintenance, support and optimization for critical applications for Canadian Banking Technology.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with working knowledge of AIX / Unix systems, Databases (DB2, Oracle, etc), Windows, ETL systems (Talend, iWay, Datastage, etc)
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, that includes a base salary, performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards, creditor insurance and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our Branch Channel and Business Partners.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Database, Developer, Healthcare, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Health Care