Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it. The Global Anti-Money Laundering (GAML) Technology Team
Our team is responsible for the delivery and support of technology solutions for TD's GAML business unit. Given the ongoing pace of regulatory change and ongoing importance of risk management, this is a fast-growing area within the bank translating into considerable demand and growth within its technology teams. On our team you will be exposed to stretch assignments, using technologies you will likely have never worked with before, as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects. Come join us as we re-invent TD's GAML technology landscape. Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone to manage and lead a team of ambitious technology professionals as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions. In alignment to Agile methods, your goal will be to build the team that can be trusted to take ownership over and deliver complex technical solutions, and to lead in the creation of the environment and conditions in which this team can succeed. You'll also have the opportunity to provide guidance and leadership beyond your immediate team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Lead development teams that own responsibility for the delivery of development solutions and component/unit testing efforts.
- Oversee and manage project team resources and assignments and ensure their project milestones are met and up to standard.
- Set targets and objectives for the team and deliver results.
- Grow team expertise to meet demand and to support TD's technology direction; assess team capabilities, always look for ways to enhance value delivered!
- Define the Application Development Vendor strategy and manage vendors and service level agreements.
- Oversee demand management and project intake process, ensuring the development team can deliver on intake requirements and financial cost estimations are reviewed and approved.
- Identify all development resource related project dependencies and risks and ensure mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
- Work with technology partners and your team to develop the content for development and solutions design deliverables, ensure project estimates cover all activities within scope, including project management and application development, software quality assurance reviews, and vendor and contract management activities.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to support / develop sound business cases with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, innovation and enterprise-wide solutions.
- Ensure the project team follows all quality assurance processes.
- Act as an escalation point for all risks and issues affecting the development team, and for working to define and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for delivering in line with financial forecast / plan and achieving benefits targets as defined for Application Development teams.
- Manage and track costs in line with investment governance to deliver agreed outcomes and service-level within budget.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience hiring talent, creating development plans, and building resilient teams.
- Experience coaching people towards reaching their greatest potential.
- Led a team in either a people manager or lead capacity.
- Readiness and motivation to manage a sizeable group or team of IT professionals (e.g. <25>
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement.
It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Experience working with teams using the Agile framework.
- Experience on end-to-end implementations of enterprise applications (COTS, SaaS, or net new custom solutions) with many integration points.
- A deep understanding of code management practices, code versioning, code standards, and code review processes.
- Expert knowledge of the business, technology standards, managing people and projects.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
- Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (as a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.