Android/iOS Software Development Engineer, Alexa Communications
Reference ID: 562077
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? You might've noticed the launch of Alexa calling and messaging; but as it's still day 1, we're determined creating even more exciting features! We are growing this new team and are looking for talented engineers; come and join us!
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for development and launch of new Alexa calling capabilities. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS or Android apps.
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
• Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS or Android programming techniques
• Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
Basic Qualifications A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience.
• 1-3 years of software development experience with focus on building complex applications for iOS/Android
• Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management.
• Experience with exploring technical feasibility.
• Experience in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Preferred Qualifications Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and comfortable learning new things
• Development experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: October 12, 2017
Closes:November 25, 2017