Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional landscape, you will team with engagement leadership to bring our broad range of capabilities and insights to enhance the role and effectiveness of the Finance function. We are seeking for Anaplan Solution Architect and\or Model Builder to join our EPM practice. You will be helping clients improve their business and internal finance performance through a focus on providing business advisory services that achieve measurable benefits in operational effectiveness and strategic decision making. Who We are?
A career in our EPM practice within Consulting services provides opportunities to work alongside Finance leaders to optimize their finance functions.
We help organizations achieve strategic alignment of their finance organization, implement service and cost improvement initiatives, and embed a performance management process and culture that unite the business around its core objectives.
As a Finance Performance Improvement role, you'll actively participate in engagements covering the following expertise areas:
• Finance Transformation Strategy & Roadmap • Finance Statement Close & Consolidations • FP&A, Controlling Excellence & Management Reporting • Finance Operating Model Design • Finance & Accounting Process Improvement • Global Business Services including Shared Service Centers, Outsourcing. What you will do?
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY. You will develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. By drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative commercial insights for clients and contribute to thought leadership. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs is required. Travel is estimated at 50%. Client responsibilities
• Solution Architect: People Management responsibilities
• Lead and supervise Anaplan implementation projects, which involves looking at clients' internal finance and accounting processes and advising on solutions around creating efficient process or improving existing processes • Demonstrate technical knowledge for software implementations including activities around field to field data mapping, conversion validation, system and security configuration, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing • Identify gaps in requirements, testing, or communication issues in client delivery • Provide technical instruction by actively mentoring team members through improvement of delivery of optimal solutions • Serve as the software subject matter expert throughout the implementation life cycle • Translate business processes and requirements into technical requirements & design documentation, solution design, and system configurations to support customer's desired to-be state • Assist with determining priorities, scope, timeline, goals, and key milestones for projects • Communicate well written and orally at all levels‐managerial, technical and user • Model Builder:
• Review existing customer models and business process • Build customized Anaplan models based on customer requirements • Collaborate with project team to build Anaplan models in line with best practices and guidance from project leadership • Develop inbound and outbound data feeds to and from the Anaplan model • Conduct tie-outs within Anaplan models and troubleshoot solutions • Develop end-user reporting and planning dashboards within Anaplan • Deploy the solution to end-users and provide overall support and training • Enable clients through co-model building training sessions • Follow Agile Project Methodology throughout the implementation • Support Solution Architect and/or Project Managers in maintaining the overall health of the implementation • Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders • Provide both technical and business implication explanations to client staff, e.g. pros/cons and approaches to different modeling alternatives • Liaise and work with Anaplan sales and implementation resources to resolve complex issues • Participate in business development initiatives • Build strong internal relationships within Consulting and across other services
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff • Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance& Performance Management professionals • Assist with technical guidance to model builders, incl. training of EY and client staff • Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills • Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures Skills and attributes for success
• An ability to understand clients' business planning & performance management processes and related business requirements • An ability to understand and incorporate clients' IT environments and existing technologies into model design (e.g. data structures and ETL needs) • Conceive and develop Proof of Concept (POC) models efficiently to provide sales pursuit support and establish credibility of EY and Anaplan's platform • Effectively & efficiently translate or expand POC models into detailed blueprints, including associated modules, lists / line items, calculations, etc. • Translate design into implementation plan, timeline, and development effort to generate detailed staffing plans & project schedules following sprint cycles & Agile delivery • Manage / support several concurrent client projects & opportunities. Ability to self-manage time across competing priorities for optimal results. • Guide and mentor other team members throughout the implementation process • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Excellent oral and written communication skills • A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude • An ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges What you will bring to this role
• For this role, strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and approximately a minimum of 8 years' experience for Solution Architect role or 4 years experience for Model builder role in industry or with a recognized consulting firm • Professional designation and/or qualification is desired i.e. Degree in Business/Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent. • Experience with minimum 2-3 years of Anaplan implementation experience, covering at least 4 projects, as a Solution Architect or Model Builder • Additional consulting or industry experience with some mix of Oracle EPM, Oracle Hyperion, OneStream, or other complex modeling tools (including Adaptive and other Anaplan competitors) • Ability to translate current customer spreadsheet or other models to effective and efficient Anaplan model designs, e.g. scalable (low sparsity) multi-dimensional Anaplan models. • Strong client facing skills and a successful track record of engagement management • Subject matter expertise in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Sales Performance Management (e.g. Quota / Territory Planning, Incentive Compensation Management), Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), or Integrated Business Planning (IBP) domains. • Strong understanding of data integration challenges & solutions, such as ETL from various client platforms. Experience with standard connectors like HyperConnect and automation using Anaplan connect required. Additional experience using third party ETL tools , e.g. ODI, Informatica, Snaplogic, Mulesoft, Boomi, highly desired. • Deep knowledge in 2-3 sectors highly desirable (Mining, Oil & Gas, Retail, High-Tech, A&D, Pharma, or Public sector). • You'll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas: finance transformation; process transformation and improvement; planning, budgeting and forecasting; performance measurement and performance management; business performance reporting; cost reduction; shared service centers and business process outsourcing; financial statement close What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the financial services marketplace, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who exhibits a strong commitment to lead projects to completion on time and within budget while guiding junior team members through feedback and coaching, then this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support