DTTL - Secondment Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?What will your typical day look like?
The Global Audit & Assurance Learning (GAAL) team has responsibility for development and delivery of learning and development solutions to the Audit & Assurance service line throughout the network of DTTL member firms. Team members are based in various offices throughout the Deloitte network, with a core of 15 permanent team members, and an extended team of up to approximately 30 individuals working on projects at any time.
The analysis of client data is an integral component of the audit of the future. As the audit process continues to be transformed, analytics tools and platforms are putting the power of analytics into the hands of the auditors in a controlled manner, increasing the ability to respond to audit risks and enhancing audit quality, while generating value added insights. As a result, there are significant learning needs related to the use of analytics across the Audit & Assurance business, including for core auditors , analytics specialists, and those working in delivery centres supporting audits.
Lead the design and development of analytics learning for various A&A groups - core auditors, specialists, and delivery centre team members. Learning needs are expected to include:
- Deployment of analytics tools and platforms - e.g. Cortex, Spotlight, PowerBI, Tableau etc.;
- Development of analytics capabilities - obtaining and preparing data, generating analytics and visualizations, interpreting analytics, handling client conversations etc.
Specifically the role requires:Leading planning and learning needs analysis activities.
Work under the direction of the Transformation Learning Portfolio Lead to:
Ensuring a robust, engaging and performance focused design approach
- Establish a team with the requisite skills and experience for the project;
- Identify and gain buy in from key stakeholders (e.g. in Global A&A Analytics, Global A&A Deployment & Adoption, Global A&A Quality, Technology, Audit Delivery Centers etc);
- Lead meetings with key member firm and global stakeholders to obtain appropriate input;
- Confirm learning needs related to the project;
- When appropriate, establish a small advisory group of SMEs and other relevant stakeholders for the project;
- Produce appropriate planning documents, including scoping document, and managing review and approval of such documents by key stakeholders.
About the teamDeloitte Global Culture:
- Work with the Transformation Learning Portfolio Lead to develop the design approach;
- Lead detailed design planning including reviewing of outputs;
- Ensure adequate consultation and input from key member firm and global stakeholders and the project advisory group, including managing conflicting needs and opinions;
- Manage the creation, review and approval of detailed design documents by key stakeholders; Identify the need for, and managing the involvement, of external consultants where required.
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
In Deloitte Global Audit & Assurance, we make an impact by delivering a strong foundation of audit practices across Deloitte. We leverage new ideas and technologies to raise quality standards, drive growth and change, and define the audit of the future.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- Extensive experience of analytics usage within Deloitte.
- Audit client service experience or exposure and excellent understanding of the audit approach.
- Learning facilitation experience.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, with an interest in innovative and creative thinking.
- Ability to establish credibility and build rapport with leaders, internal clients and colleagues at all levels, and across different cultures.
- Ability to be self-directed, comfortable working independently and without daily supervision..
- Strong people management skills, including ability to coach and develop others, and ability to productively manage and work within a virtual team.
- Strong English communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel & PowerPoint)..
- Willingness to travel globally if needed.
- Curriculum strategy and design experience, within a professional services environment desirable.
- Experience of audit and/or assurance curriculum development projects desirable.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive