Requisition ID: 107863
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. VELOCITY - Technology - DevOps Engineer
8-Month Internship (September 2021 - April 2022) WORK TERM:
8-month Fall 2021/Winter 2022 term (September - April 2022) What Can I Expect from the Velocity Technology Development Program?
This is not your average internship or co-op! This is a customized experience that focuses on providing you with the development and tools you need to grow your career. In Velocity, you will gain exposure to both business and technology by having a customized plan for your next internship or co-op. Yes, you read that correctly. After successfully completing your first co-op or internship, we will work with you to establish a learning and mentorship plan which also outlines your future placements. As a result, you will get to learn, grow and experiment within different parts of our technology ecosystem. Role
As an Analytics Engineer, DevOps, you will have an opportunity to be part of a gorup of people changing how the Bank develops analytics applications and enables analytic capabilities.
As part of the Analytics DevOps team, the incumbent will provide support to analytics teams including deployment, integration with relevant platforms, research of modern MLOps practices for both on-premise and in cloud. Key Accountabilities
- Reporting to the Senior manager the individual will be responsible for:
- Supporting deployment, automation, maintaining and managing all stages of the analytics life cycle.
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of analytics development environments.
- Create documentation including design, procedures, operational support artifacts
- Providing sound and rapid recommendations for immediate workarounds or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Work with data scientists to deploy analytics solutions through to production.
- Change management
- Work with data scientists and data engineers to implement modern development standards and tools, working with various data scientist teams
- Incorporate feedback into process and platform to smooth transition to modern analytics tools and practices.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy.
How do I apply?
- Jupyter notebook experience and Spark experience an asset.
- Ability to research topics with minimal direction, implement POC's.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git) and build tools (Gradle). Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Python a strong asset.
For students, we believe in evaluating you through relationships over resumes, and are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don't believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you're truly about in order to properly assess your potential. Instead, we want to get to know you and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know... this might sound crazy but we do not want you to submit your resume
. Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM profile: Click Here
- Complete a short one-way video interview: Click Here
- Apply to the role through out career site.
- Upload a PDF of your PLUM profile and any Githubs or Websites
We welcome all applications, but can only respond to candidates selected for an interview. Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Bank, Banking, Intern, Management, Data, Finance, Entry Level