Requisition ID: 159466
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank! Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Purpose
The incumbent contributes to the overall success of the Loan operations team located in Toronto, by managing a portfolio of medium to complex corporate loans and letters of credit where the Bank is the lead Agent Bank for a group of syndicate lenders or when the bank is providing a direct or bilateral financing for the customer. The incumbent is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of data, accounting reconciliation and record keeping aspects of the loans assigned to them ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Administers instructions by Agents on participations and customers on direct and agented deals including verification of limit availability, accuracy of calculations and disbursement/application of funds.
- Ensures that terms and conditions of authorizations and/or loan documentation are being adhered to including pricing, term and amount.
- Recognizes and ensures that all exceptions to policies and procedures are brought to the attention of management for resolution when required. .
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Finance or business-related studies or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with servicing corporate loans preferable.
- Solid working knowledge with MS Suite - Excel, Word, Power Point etc.,
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Work in a standard office-based environment and remote as applicable during pandemic; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Work may include Canadian or US or UK statutory holidays.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Compliance, Investment Banking, Technical Support, M&A, Finance, Legal, Management, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive