11128 Primary Location:
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Ottawa Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex economic, social, policy and commercial challenges.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with your team, clients, and our communities.
Experience a culture where we put our people first, and diversity, inclusion and wellness are prioritized.
Get ready to launch your career! We are looking for sharp minds to join our growing team, offering you the opportunity to uniquely apply economic analysis in an advisory context, providing strategic value to our clients.What will your typical day look like?
The successful candidate will provide research, analytic, modelling and writing support to the Deloitte Economics team for client reports, proposals, and various other Deloitte Economics publications and initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
About the team
- Support the execution of Economic Advisory engagements by conducting research, quantitative analysis, modelling, and report writing
- Assist with the creation of proposals and presentations to prospective clients
- Support the development of the economics advisory practice by supporting various business development, intellectual capital and marketing activities
- Interact with clients at all levels, including through interviews, presentations, workshops, and surveys
Our Economics team provides a range of economic advisory services to our clients. In an uncertain world, Economic Analysis can help companies and governments make better choices and reduce risk. We are part of an extensive worldwide Deloitte network with deep expertise in:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Economic development strategy
- Economic impact analysis
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Labour market analysis
- Business economics and scenario planning
- Macroeconomic analysis and forecasting, and
- Policy advisory
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- Approximately 1-2 years of relevant research, analytical, forecasting and advisory expertise in the field of economics
- Outstanding analytical, writing and communication capabilities and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced project environment under tight timelines
- Master's degree in an economics related field
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in EViews and/or R
- Experience collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data for economics or related projects
- English / French bilingual skills are an asset
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production