Analyst or Manager - Complex Securities
Reference ID: TOR003J6
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Complex Security and Business Modelling Analyst or Manager you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you'll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for participating and assisting in the design, construction and review of valuation models for interest rate and commodity derivatives, employee stock options, debt with embedded derivatives, contingent consideration and other derivative financial instruments. You will also be responsible for preparing formal valuation reports and/or memorandums documenting the background, scope of work, valuation approach and analysis, assumptions, and valuation conclusion. These valuations are prepared for a range of applications including financial reporting, operations and strategic planning, project finance, mergers and acquisitions, tax, and litigation matters. Depending on the needs of our Valuation, Modelling & Economics practice, from time to time you may be called upon to work on other types of valuation and/or modelling assignments. This position may require travel, as necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
• Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams across a variety of industries
• Identify issues and propose solutions
• Actively contribute to report writing and detailed financial modelling
• Commit to attaining a professional qualification such as the FRM and/or CFA (or possess comparable academic status)
• Demonstrate an ability to listen to clients, address their needs, and effectively present and explain complex valuation concepts
• Develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
• Demonstrate teamwork, professionalism and responsibility
• Participate in promotional activities and marketing initiatives
• Stay up to date on business and economic developments relevant to our clients
• Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
• Effective organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, meet project deadlines, and multitask
• Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working within teams
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree in finance, financial engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related fields
• A strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
• Demonstrated an aptitude in the quantitative and qualitative analyses of financial instruments, including options, warrants, fixed income securities, and other derivatives
• Knowledge of numerical techniques such as Monte Carlo simulation, lattice techniques, and finite difference methods
• A Master's degree or higher in finance, financial engineering, mathematics, statistics or related fields
• A professional accreditation, such as the FRM and/or CFA
• 1 to 3 years of prior financial modelling experience (in Microsoft Excel) gained in professional services, venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, strategy, and financial research
• Strong derivative pricing and financial modelling skills, with the ability to create both valuation and financial models based on a description of a client's derivative financial asset or operational and financial business plan
• Experience with computer programs such as FINCAD, Crystal Ball, and/or @Risk
• Experience with research tools such as Reuters, Bloomberg, and Capital IQ
• Programming experience in languages such as VBA, MatLab, C++, Python, or R Studio
Ideally, you'll also have
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019