Requisition ID: 164328
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement Insights & Analytics, The Analyst, Market Intelligence will possess strong business acumen while providing analytical expertise, including data analysis, visualizations and reporting through clear and concise executive facing presentations. This role is a key member of the Procurement Insights and Analytics team providing deep analysis and technical expertise. Accountabilities:
Education and Experience:
- Possesses excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of data and interpret a wide range of supplier and organizational information and options to support procurement planning and decision making
- Performs data analysis to assess quality and meaning of data (spend data, supplier data, etc.), prepares reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Provides analytical support to senior members of the team in creation of presentation materials and dashboards
- Support quantitative and qualitative research on suppliers, market, pricing, and service models that will impact Bank's 3rd party expenses and Sourcing strategies; The effort will involve helping in developing creative ways to search for credible information.
- Possesses the ability to design and create customized analyses and responses to ad-hoc inquiries
- Has strong foundation and/or hands-on experience using data analysis and preparing executive facing presentations (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, PowerBI) to solve business problems
- Is an expert in preparing executive-facing presentations for monthly Finance reviews, reporting, annual planning, and other leadership reviews
- Has strong business acumen and ability to draw insights from complex information into executive-facing presentations
- Possesses superior verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating the results of your analysis, and effectively manages the interface with relevant stakeholders
- Is pro-active and a self-dependent individual who can manage multiple projects at a time with limited supervision, able to prioritize and balance workload, ready to go the extra mile to support projects without compromising on quality
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Solid academic background - Bachelor's Degree in Management, Finance, or related field; Master (MA or MSc) in Business or related field preferred
- 1-3 years previous experience in Consulting or Financial Services roles
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Intermediate technical skills in data visualization tools, such as Power BI and Tableau
- Experienced in data analytics methodologies and techniques
- Good business acumen with ability to balance multiple priorities, adapt to constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Understand the wider objectives of procurement practices, such as business and strategic goal
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Data Analyst, Procurement, Market Research, Consulting, Data, Operations, Marketing, Technology, Research
Banking, Finance and Insurance Operations and Logistics