Requisition ID: 111600
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. ANALYST, INVESTMENT BANKING Financial Sponsors & Infrastructure ABOUT THE TEAM: Financial Sponsor Coverage
Our Financial Sponsor Coverage team leverages Scotiabank's broad industry expertise and strong finance capabilities to provide financial services to Private Capital Funds (Private Equity, Infra/ Real Assets, Private Debt, Real Estate), Pension Plans and Sovereign Wealth Funds. Working closely with our partners across Scotiabank, we offer a complete and seamless spectrum of services, from idea generation and acquisition financing to investment monetization. We work in conjunction with our industry coverage teams to assist clients with their investments across a wide range of sectors and geographies, with a focus on North America, Latin America and Europe. Infrastructure
Scotiabank provides advisory, financing and capital markets services to corporations and governments in the Infrastructure sector. We focus on the effective structuring of complex and innovative transactions, including buy and sell-side infrastructure asset opportunities. POSITION HIGHLIGHTS:
Analysts in Investment Banking enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment in which they execute a broad range of transactions. A high degree of responsibility is afforded to those demonstrating initiative and the desire to take on such responsibility.
A significant amount of effort, diligence and initiative is required to properly execute assignments. The complexity of clients' financial requirements coupled with the intense competitiveness of the investment banking industry necessitates a full commitment to the task at hand. Standards are very high as most work is presented to senior executives at client firms and supervision is provided only to the extent that it is required.
With a limited hierarchy of professionals and a small project team approach, Analysts have ample opportunity for career growth and development. On any given project, Analysts will interact with other departments of the firm such as Corporate Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Global Fixed Income and Global Equity Derivatives gaining knowledge and understanding of both investment banking and the capital markets. RESPONSIBILITIES:
MAJOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models;
- Creating marketing materials and presentations;
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time; and
- Identifying and developing business opportunities with clients.
EDUCATION AND SKILLSET:
- Perform comprehensive financial statement analysis and create and maintain models;
- Collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data;
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries;
- Preparing client presentations, including compiling data and assembling presentation materials;
- Supporting drafting of prospectuses, related documentation and marketing materials for transactions; and
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
- 0 - 2 years' work experience in Investment Banking or capital markets preferred;
- A Bachelors or a Masters degree in a numerate discipline like Business, Commerce, Economics, Finance or a STEM subject would be preferred;
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities;
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint);
- A high level of attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work;
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines;
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment;
- High professional standards including a strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations; and
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Financial, Equity, Developer, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance